Author Topic: Deco Network  (Read 3168 times)

Offline Ross_S

Deco Network
« on: January 05, 2017, 03:43:40 PM »
Anyone here ever tried Deco Network for Shop Management?  Just curious I never heard of it until today.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Deco Network
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 09:01:39 PM »
They are a direct competitor to Ink Soft (which I use).

I can't speak for Deco, but as far as Ink Soft, the shop management side is not their main focus. I would consider it more of invoicing & quoting software which integrates with a calendar. An online designer ala custom ink and and creating stores ala Tee Spring seems to be where they are striving to get you.

Being a very small shop and needing online/cloud type access Ink Soft isn't that bad. Not great. But not bad.

If you are looking for true shop management I'd probably look at Printavo and Price It first.

If you are looking for online designer and capability to add stores for your customers and also have some sort of shop management software, then I'd look at Ink Soft and Deco.

But keep in mind my take on Deco is only based on a quick peak at it and I could be totally off base.

Offline AntonySharples

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 09:13:25 PM »
I tried it several times over the years. The designer is impossible for people to use.  It's not a shop management Kent in the slightest bit.  You want the best bang for your buck, check out TeeCal.  It's not cloud based, but it is ridiculously similar to shopworx for like $30-40 a month.

Offline Ross_S

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 07:53:46 AM »
I'm using Tee Cal now (For about 5 years).  Customer of mine brought it up and I just felt it had some really good organizational aspects to it.  The video I watched looked simple but not much on the production side was shown.  It did however seem like it would stream line a few things that I can't do with Tee Cal or have to many additional steps.

Thanks for the insight.

Offline AntonySharples

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 08:57:29 AM »
I agree that TeeCal can be cumbersome at times.  After trying them all, if you want a true production management,i.e. colors,angles,mesh counts, strokes, placements, the web based ones just don't do it.  As far as I know, Deco hasn't changed any of that.  In terms of organization, it's a lot like your console area in teecal.

Offline Ross_S

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 09:46:58 AM »
OK that's what I was trying to figure out.  I'm not a fan of the console view.  I liked the fact that Deco you could see how many quotes, invoices, art there were with out having to switch tabs.  And it also had an overall view of all jobs on one page where you could see if the art was approved, in production etc. w/o having to switch tabs.

Thanks for the replies I think I'm going to look else where.

Offline domineight

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 06:32:41 PM »
We have it here, unused for production and it's only use here so far has been the multiple online stores.

I've looked at it though, it's ridiculously complex. Complex to the point of tedium and throwing your coffee cup at the monitor and storming off angry complex..
However, starting from the very start with it and setting it up correctly from day one and I could see it being a very very useful tool.

A couple of points I really do like about it after looking at it over the last week.
1: When you load a product in there you can get right into the details of what and how to brand the product. If it's a waffle pique polo, 100% Angolan rabbit fur, or whatever you can rule out screenprinting directly so the option doesn't even come up at the quote stage. The screenprint option will be greyed out. This is useful for people that barely know what they're doing quoting the work, like here. I can see that solving quite a few issues and streamlining that quote process instead of keeping it all in your head.

2: The quote stage from dashboard I think is quite tidy, at both the customer end and the user end. Once someone is a customer all their jobs are collated into one place, and available for them to view even. That would save a bit of "oh, a few years ago I got some..." phone calls.
I like putting customer drama back on the customer though. They know what they want, so I find it a lot less painful when they give me what they want so I'm not guessing. I like a challenge, just not all the time. ;D
But all the correspondence is tidy and contained too, easy payment stage when the quote is approved, at every stage you're aware of who's done what.

The software is full of those things though as far as I can tell, but it really has to be nailed down at the start. I've just walked into someone else's disaster with the situation here so there's little I can do to remedy it.
I think it's worth a look for sure.

Offline kev21

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 05:04:49 AM »
so many one market , you can try
1) inkXE
2) InkSoft
3) No-refresh
4) Design N Buy
5) Qstomizer

and much more