Author Topic: Barudan K Series multihead  (Read 2499 times)

Offline islandtees

Barudan K Series multihead
« on: January 11, 2017, 06:19:26 PM »
We have Tajimas now and looking to add another  8 head machine.
We may want to try the Barudan. We see the new K series came out late last year.
Who has the K series multi and what do you think so far?

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
Re: Barudan K Series multihead
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 06:55:18 PM »
We bought a new Barudan 4 head in November, and did not have any experienced operators, we had been subbing out embroidery for many years. We are now running all day almost everyday and putting out great work, the machine is a beast. We choose it over Tajima as it is a little heavier and built tougher and we didn't want to be having machine issues while learning, but really didn't hear anything bad about Tajima, they tech is juts a lot further away.  We're even doing most of our digitizing already with Wilcom as we are well versed in Corel, and will likely send an employee down for the training with them.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline islandtees

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 07:45:22 PM »
We bought a new Barudan 4 head in November, and did not have any experienced operators, we had been subbing out embroidery for many years. We are now running all day almost everyday and putting out great work, the machine is a beast. We choose it over Tajima as it is a little heavier and built tougher and we didn't want to be having machine issues while learning, but really didn't hear anything bad about Tajima, they tech is juts a lot further away.  We're even doing most of our digitizing already with Wilcom as we are well versed in Corel, and will likely send an employee down for the training with them.
Is this a k series with the new K automat screen?

Offline Jwcontractscreen

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 08:03:29 PM »
I just got an 8 head k series. It's pretty cool. Everything is identical to the last version but the automat. I had a bexy before the tajima. We replaced tajima. This thing sews everything at 920. Our tajima wasn't good over 770. Hats are AMAZING. 920 on hats too. You can sew much lower on the hat over a tajima too. The k series can download and edit designs while sewing another design. I heard richardson and outdoor cap are replacing their tajimas with Barudan now. I'm super happy with my purchase.
Contract screen printing in Northern Kentucky
www.jwcontractscreen.com

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 12:28:49 PM »
Is this a k series with the new K automat screen?

Yes.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Biverson

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 02:00:36 AM »
This is making me feel better about my potential purchase. Looking at a 6 head K to replace my SWF singles. It's between a Barudan 6 or ZSK Racer 4S and Sprint 6. I like the thought of having a single head, but the Barudan is a stretch and the tech is closer. I might keep one of my stretches, but I'd like to be done with them.

Do you find the new automat to be easy to use? I won't have a problem but my wife likes the look of that over the ZSKs panel.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline islandtees

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 10:08:10 AM »
We did not buy a Barudan, we have a 6 head Tajima stretch coming in on Mon.

Offline Tywash

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 07:57:46 PM »
Which 6 head did you go with, if you don't mind me asking? I  am deciding next week between Tajima and Barudan, so any input helps. I know having a Tajima already played a part in your decision, but were there any other factors?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 03:49:55 AM by Tywash »