Author Topic: Vegas Gold vinyl color differences  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Vegas Gold vinyl color differences
« on: January 13, 2017, 11:07:10 AM »
We must use a different vinyl suppler for the Vegas Gold that matches out One Stroke Vegas.
Pro's and Cons.

Other brand:
It's a cold peel.
It's so shiny once set, it looks plastic and we must heat set two times to dull it down.
It does not come with the Sticky back, so it does not stay in place like all others.
Color is more accurate to our inks.

The Stahls:
Hot Peel
Dull like a screen print
Comes with sticky to stay in place.
Vegas color is way off.

The Stahls is a better vinyl than this, but the color doesn't match our ink. (We don't mix the inks). We order VEGAS GOLD from One Stroke.

What are some other supplier options?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Vegas Gold vinyl color differences
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 11:11:38 AM »
Siser, Specialty Materials
And, of course, you did this ass-backwards. I have a few special mix inks I use when I know I have to work with various vinyls on the same job.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:39:12 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline TH Apparel

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 11:21:42 AM »
twill usa.  not sure how close their vegas gold is to the one stroke though.  We use the sports film from twill usa.  little thicker than the stahls material.

Online aauusa

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 11:38:30 AM »
we use twill usa vegas and it matches very close to one stroke vegas.  we do not mix colors as well.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 03:28:18 PM »
Awesome info.  I will check them out.  MUCH appreciated.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 03:39:57 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised to find that the folks at One Stroke have a recommendation

Offline Robert Clark

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 04:16:49 PM »
One pro to using an ink manufacturer is that we have the opportunity to customize your ink around your vinyl selection. Rather it be Siser, Stahl's, etc.. We even had a custom Siser OSI Vegas Gold created to help our vinyl and plastisol users. Let us know how we can help.
Robert Clark
One Stroke Inks
Senior Account Manager
rclark@osinks.com
(800)942-4447

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 04:25:04 PM »
We use Triangle Vegas Gold and get a pretty good match with our local guys vinyl, not sure on his brand though. Attached a picture of the ink color.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 11:57:10 AM »
It's always easier to match the ink to the vinyl than the vinyl to the ink.

When we do this on uniforms. We get the PMS number of the vinyl (from Siser). Then get the ink mixed to match (unless there is an off the shelf match already available). For regular orders, I end up trying to make that our stock color if possible. So when we heat press royal blue, our standard royal already matches it.

Being that it sounds like you already have the ink, I'd find out the PMS number of the vinyl and either see if the folks at One Stroke could point you in the right direction of what to add to get the ink closer to the PMS number you need, or just buy the ink matched to the color you need.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 01:09:15 PM »
I thank you all for chiming in.  The problem is that we have a ton of customers who have been accustom to our standard Vegas gold ink "look".  When each of these customers who use Vegas in their team colors and apparel, they have 10 other items from past orders that they get touchy about matching up. Been there.    So jsut changeing up theink color can become an issue that we avoid.

It's easier to try to change the vegas Vinyl (if I can) since those are mostly fill in's of 1-3 items.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 03:19:55 PM »
It's easier to try to change the vegas Vinyl (if I can) since those are mostly fill in's of 1-3 items.
For me, it's generally cad-cut name drops below a screenprinted logo, so color differences could be very apparent.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 03:32:22 PM by Frog »