Author Topic: Alright I gotta know... Digital Squeegee questions...  (Read 8386 times)

Offline zanegun08

Re: Alright I gotta know... Digital Squeegee questions...
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2017, 01:51:06 PM »
Holy Fook.

Sales rep from M&R stopped by on an unexpected visit, without even knowing we were really interested, we talked shop, I talked about how this technology would be perfect for our business model because we struggle with sim process, and settle on putting out ok work as how many times are you going to tweak separations for a 120 shirt order.

He had a sample book that a china factory printed with the Digital Squeegee / M&R Victory (CNTOP) Press, and it blew my mind.  Super high resolution vibrant DTG prints on top of HD Base.  Digital prints on top of discharge under base, prints on top of crackle base, prints on top of white flock (super cool), beautiful prints on Polyester, cotton, performance fabric with texture (print has some texture to it but matches the garment).

Anyhow, way impressed, like blew my mind compared to what I've seen with the Kornit / MHM (two-three years ago), and I haven't seen ROQ's prints in person.

One downside is I don't know if we have room to fit it, as you have to do two bases both flashed, primer, digital squeegee (takes up 3 heads), top clear coat (for washability), then room for special effects, screen print spot colors, ect.  So realistically you want at least a 12 color, but preferably a 18 or 20 color oval.  We may need to knock down a wall to make this thing happen.

Super interesting, awesome technology, and puts out beautiful work.  Can't wait for ISS, may need to take a trip to Chicago.