Author Topic: What are their known OSHA consequences?  (Read 4304 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
What are their known OSHA consequences?
« on: January 24, 2017, 09:04:35 AM »
 I'm just curious for a friend parentheses what are the known consequences of OSHA violations are there different levels different extremes let's say we don't keep the mops in the right place the mops and the cleaning supplies but I say we don't keep chemicals in a hazard safe material cabin?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: What are their known OSHA consequences?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 09:11:56 AM »
Anything from a fine to a shut down.  The main ones are MSDS book, Locking cabinet for chemicals, Tag Out procedures, and a 3' clearance around all doors and exits.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 09:15:45 AM »
Hoping to not make this thread political, but isn't our new Prez sayin' that he's going to eliminate many regulations on businesses? Is OSHA one of the departments he plans on neutering?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 09:18:27 AM »
Hoping to not make this thread political, but isn't our new Prez sayin' that he's going to eliminate many regulations on businesses? Is OSHA one of the departments he plans on neutering?

With a little luck!

Offline BRGtshirts

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 12:59:59 PM »
Anything from a fine to a shut down.  The main ones are MSDS book, Locking cabinet for chemicals, Tag Out procedures, and a 3' clearance around all doors and exits.

I've been going over a lot of OSHA recently but haven't heard of the locking cabinets before. Does that pertain to certain chemicals/types? Otherwise, wouldn't everything classify?  Thanks! Will

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 02:18:24 PM »
mop buckets, although they do have a place, won't get your fined like using extension cords, spray bottles with no labels on them, fans without guards, improper PPE items, lack of first aid and eye/body wash stations or storing flammables without the proper locking fire-proof cabinet, this includes your spray tack.

they look at work paths, electrical panels, equipment maintenance. when was the last time you did X, Y, Z?

Essentially they want to make sure your employees have all of the basic safety measures in place and that you are aware of those measures, and are consciously thinking about those measures and their relation to your employees well being.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services