Author Topic: Once you go wax you will never go back...  (Read 12046 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Once you go wax you will never go back...
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2017, 04:12:15 PM »
Update:  Exile came and replaced the vacuum system with there new updated design and since I have had zero problems with wax feed. As many have said before you just cant imagine the value of DTS until you get one. I am still amazed on how many screens we can process in such a small amount of time.  I used to stress every time we had a sim process job as I knew I would have to reburn several screens to get the half tones to come out right using ink jet film. Now it is just plug and play, every dot resolves every time. I have much respect for Exile there service has been exceptional.

ditto.  The digital vac control has made the difference for us, very happy here. 

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2017, 06:25:21 PM »
Update:  Exile came and replaced the vacuum system with there new updated design and since I have had zero problems with wax feed. As many have said before you just cant imagine the value of DTS until you get one. I am still amazed on how many screens we can process in such a small amount of time.  I used to stress every time we had a sim process job as I knew I would have to reburn several screens to get the half tones to come out right using ink jet film. Now it is just plug and play, every dot resolves every time. I have much respect for Exile there service has been exceptional.

ditto.  The digital vac control has made the difference for us, very happy here.

Zoo

did not know you had a spyder in your house
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2017, 08:40:13 PM »
We had one of the first two HR models, printing at 900ppi. 

Vac pressure was the issue with the unit this whole time and I was keeping quiet on it because they were working so hard to correct it and, sure enough, they did.  Or so it appears thus far, we've been running perfectly since the update.   

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2017, 11:04:13 PM »
Where does the vacuum come into play?  What part of the machine?   It's a DTS right, so I don't see where a vacuum comes in.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2017, 11:06:14 PM »
I think I see now. Has to do with the draw or feed of the wax?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2017, 09:05:02 AM »
Where does the vacuum come into play?  What part of the machine?   It's a DTS right, so I don't see where a vacuum comes in.

There is a light vacuum to the print head was reservoir to hold the molten wax from dripping out. The machine was challenged to hold a constant vacuum, occasionally you would get a smudge of ink where it did not belong. I have not had this issue once since they upgraded the system.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2017, 12:41:16 PM »
Yep, well said. 

Dan, there is actually both a high and low vac on the unit and both are a critical component that needs to be dead nuts on.  It's a necessary evil as the wax would weep out of the print head without the vacuum balance but if it spikes too high it wants to suck wax back into the system's lines.  This was the actual issue with the prior analog controlled system, not print head clogs per se, it just needed that digital control to keep the molten wax where it should be.  Bonus is that tech support can log in remote and adjust it should that be required.