Author Topic: BETA Testers Wanted For Roland Cutter Blades  (Read 4507 times)

Offline Prōdigium

• Something New Is Coming.....Prōdigium
BETA Testers Wanted For Roland Cutter Blades
« on: January 30, 2017, 06:43:09 AM »
Are you the owner of a Roland Cutter?

If so I am looking for some people to test out a new line of Roland compatible cutting blades in a real world working environment. These blades have been designed as direct replacements for Roland brand cutters, Graphtec and Mimaki blades will be made available soon. The first batch of 2000 test blades will be ready to ship by late February.

These blades will be made available on a first come first served basis. Anyone who participates in this program will become eligible to continue to buy at this same price for all of 2017. I only ask that you provide feedback on the overall performance & quality of the blade, the type of material your cutting and of course respond with any problems.

The blades will only be offered in a 5 pack case, per blade angle. Only $10.00 (per pack) + $5.95 Postal Shipping.
That's only $2.00 per blade!!! - 45° & 60° Blades Only , 30° will arrive soon.

If you are a wholesale distributor and wish to buy in bulk, I encourage you to contact me with your needs.
Please Use The Forum Messenger To Contact Me About This Offer. A website link will be available soon.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 06:48:40 AM by Prōdigium »
Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions.

Offline Ross_S

Re: BETA Testers Wanted For Roland Cutter Blades
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 09:15:22 AM »
What is it exactly that you are looking for.  I run a Roland and cut a lot of THermo Film so I'm obviously curious at that price.

Offline Prōdigium

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 09:07:42 AM »
What is it exactly that you are looking for.  I run a Roland and cut a lot of THermo Film so I'm obviously curious at that price.

Its very simple, buy a pack of blades..use them as you normally do and provide me your feedback. I have a small tooling company that is making these for me and I just need to have them tested before I have them make me a full order. All I require is that you inform me on its performance, roughly how much material it was able to cut and any problems you experience.

In exchange for your help testing them you will be able to continue to buy them for the balance of 2017 at the same price assuming they satisfy your needs. Just send me a message via the forums messenger with the blade angle you wish to test, how many blades you want and a contact email so I can send an invoice via PayPal. The blades will arrive in the US by the end of February. No need to pay until the blades arrive, I am just trying to build a sample mailing list. There are only 2000 samples, 200 (5-packs) of each blade angle. Many are already going to a distributor for testing but I have a lot left over that I am making available to the public.
Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 10:16:44 AM »
What will these retail for once they are on the market?....

Offline Prōdigium

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 08:11:43 AM »
What will these retail for once they are on the market?....

These will only be sold through distributors, not customer direct....so I cannot answer this question as I will not be setting the final prices. I just want to get some "real world" tests on the blades so I can say for certain the quality is on par with blades on the market now.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 09:34:15 AM »
The important elements in the quality of a cutting tool specifically a tungsten carbide edge tool  is the grain size of the tungsten and naturally the hardness tempering lastly the grinding. Additionally is the tungsten solid or a fused coating

We do some very fine detail cutting in both sign vinyl and tee shirt heat transfer vinyl. The pressures and speeds we learned to use took us some time to discover. As I said we cut some very fine details stuff that most would not attempt simply because the weeding is a task in it self let alone the cutting.

In our learning process we have purchased non Roland blades simply to educate ourselves on any advantages / opportunities available with other blades.
In the final analysis the stuff we can cut with a standard Roland 45 degree blade can't be touched even with a 60 degree non Roland blade.
the secret I think is in the material first and the quality next as i said above. We do not or did not take the opportunity to examine the non Roland vs Roland blades under close magnification simply because we could not duplicate the performance of the Roland blade . To us the price difference is not  important if the performance is not there and I have to tell you if you can beat what we are doing with a 45 degree Roland blade you are really on to something.
I would be OK with posting some of the small detailed stuff we cut if you are interested, again i doubt most are even bothering with this kind of work we try it just to see if we can pull it off.
mooseman 
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Prōdigium

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 02:14:52 AM »
Back when I used to have a race car and worked in auto repair I trusted my needs to Snap-On, but that is not to say that I could not have easily done the same work with Craftsman tools from Sears...and saved a lot of cash in the process. However like any tool in any trade there are grades of quality that are suitable for most needs at a given price point.

Generally speaking all I am looking to know is if the blade meets the needs of most shops, fits the machines without trouble and lasts at least a time period that will be in line with the price. If your shop does a lot of simple cutting and your running through $15 blades by the pack...this blade will surely offer a significant price solution for most materials.