Author Topic: S.Roque Sleeves  (Read 4848 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
S.Roque Sleeves
« on: January 30, 2017, 01:49:07 PM »
What's the best way?:

• Ryonet's flip ups.
  • S.roque's flip ups.
  • Double outboard.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: S.Roque Sleeves
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 02:01:21 PM »
As far as I know we are the only shop running double sleeve boards right now. They make the job much easier but the draw back is the weight of the boards. I prefer the roq flip boards over the ryo flip boards. If it were me I would bring in some double sleeve pallets and some flip roq style. Double sleeve pallet can print on pockets as well where the others are slightly too wide. Right now for anything adult med and larger we use standard flat 5" wide pallets and any garments smaller we use double pallet. Hope that helps
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 02:54:39 PM »
Totally helps.  We were shipped the ryonet flip ups and after inspecting them and speaking with our tech about them I don't see them being used here.  The s.roque style flip ups have the features I requested it sounds like.

How is the weight a drawback of the 2x platens, just in handling them? 

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 04:13:42 PM »
Ryonet doubles just came in on friday. I am thinking the older ones might be better, but really have to test them first. Remind me in a month or so and I'll let you know what we find out.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 01:05:25 PM »
Has anyone found a legit solution for smaller long sleeve garments on the s.roques?

Everything we were sent was not in plane with the other tooling. 

We did test a flip up honeycomb that was almost in plane and had promise but was not safe to run unfortunately.  Needs a positive lock down.

For now the conclusion is to run smaller sleeves on another brand of press.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 01:32:58 PM »
Has anyone found a legit solution for smaller long sleeve garments on the s.roques?

Everything we were sent was not in plane with the other tooling. 

We did test a flip up honeycomb that was almost in plane and had promise but was not safe to run unfortunately.  Needs a positive lock down.

For now the conclusion is to run smaller sleeves on another brand of press.

Wow! Obviously not a viable solution for some shops.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 03:20:31 PM »
To be fair, these machines were not designed for our market and printing finished goods.  Sleeves being the worst of that lot it's no surprise it's an issue. 

But yeah, we're draining a lot of press time here trying to run sleeves on the s.roque setup. 

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 04:11:35 PM »
We just developed our own and should have a set of 10 ready for your new press in a couple of weeks. We are very happy with our prototype. It will have a threadable option, no fancy hinges or other magic. Will do long sleeve, short sleeve, inside neck, koozies, on pocket etc. While not perfect (what is) it's about as close as we can get.

Testing with our wood prototype and we could thread womens and youth long sleeve, over the entire pallet/arm on all adult sizes and hoodies. We expect it to be 7-7.5 pounds each.

I'll post more details when they finally get used in production in about 2 weeks.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 04:13:22 PM »
We just developed our own and should have a set of 10 ready for your new press in a couple of weeks. We are very happy with our prototype. It will have a threadable option, no fancy hinges or other magic. Will do long sleeve, short sleeve, inside neck, koozies, on pocket etc. While not perfect (what is) it's about as close as we can get.

Testing with our wood prototype and we could thread womens and youth long sleeve, over the entire pallet/arm on all adult sizes and hoodies. We expect it to be 7-7.5 pounds each.

I'll post more details when they finally get used in production in about 2 weeks.

Please do.   Also feel free to email me at any point.  Interested to hear how they run in production.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 10:18:28 AM »
I'll post pics, pro & cons etc as soon as we have something up and running. The threadable option may need some tweaking but we won't really know until we have them made. Even without the threadable option it will print just about any sleeve etc.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 03:04:46 PM »
Resurrecting this thread.

We've been using the 5"w. std honecombs for anything we can and still putting the rest on the M&R style presses.  Going to be all s.roques on the autos in 2months and getting nervous about small sleeves. 

I know we concluded that a single sleeve is best, flip ups seem to be the way but all the flip up solutions had some big drawbacks.  I was told there is an improved 2x sleeve from action but requested that it be tested and checked for sizing before being sent to us for evaluation since the last one wasn't size correctly for printing on an Eco with 23x31 frames.

1964GN, did you make any progress with your solution?

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 12:15:49 PM »
Zoo... call and talk to Mike 727-581-4066

We might have an extra we could send that you could use to have some made.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 04:50:32 PM »
Updates:

1964GN's shop has some really smart custom platens they built that I heavily considered having built for ours.  They thread beneath the top piece of the tooling and the arm.  Still working out for you all over there?  Thanks to you and Mike again for chatting with me on these.

We also received an updated dual sleeve model from Ryonet.
https://www.screenprinting.com/products/ryonets-roq-compatible-dual-leg-and-sleeve-honeycomb-aluminum-platen

The prior dual sleeve models we tested had some big issues that prevented their use but this dual model ticks most of the boxes: tooling is on plane with rest of the standard tooling, deflection minimal.  For some reason the video shows loading sleeves through the cuff, which isn't going to yield sustainable run times in a production setting I don't think, but we have had success loading fleece and ls ts through the neck.  There's not a lot of room for hoods on the fleece to fall off the platen but it's manageable.   You must remove all the support feet on the platen arms. 

I think I am going to order a set of these duals since it appears the most viable solution and I honestly don't have time to have someone custom fab the threading option.  Anyone else running these suckers?

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2019, 05:28:15 PM »
We've been in the process of building new arms for one of our presses here that will be used primarily for sleeves. Once we have some videos I'll post it up.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline CBCB

• !!!
S.Roque Sleeves
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2019, 06:47:02 PM »
We've been in the process of building new arms for one of our presses here that will be used primarily for sleeves. Once we have some videos I'll post it up.

Very interested to see. I have daydreamed about chopping out a section of the print arm to make sleeves work.