Author Topic: TAS - The Resurgence  (Read 2508 times)

Offline colintas

• Verified/Junior
TAS - The Resurgence
« on: January 30, 2017, 06:34:25 PM »
Guy's, I realise this page isn't intended for self promotion, however I would like to make a couple of quick points.

Over the last few years, TAS have relied on various sources to promote our range of equipment in the US with various degrees of success or failure. I'm not here to name and shame, but merely to alert everyone in the US that TAS are very much still around and producing absolutely world class machinery, at extremely competitive pricing and it saddens me to learn that due to a major lack of promotion, we appear almost forgotten in the US.

This is a huge shame because I am certain if more people were aware of the history and legendary reliability of our products, many more of you would also be aware that a very viable alternative exists from the 3 or 4 manufacturers that are typically discussed when making a purchasing decision.

I just arrived back from Long Beach and was very encouraged by the number of attendees at the convention. This tells me, despite what I have been misinformed previously, that the US Screen Printing Industry remains extremely buoyant and as such, TAS are determined to make a much larger and personal presence in the country over the coming weeks and months.

There are currently many changes being made to our operation in the US, but for certain, it is my absolute number one priority to make everyone more aware of our company, it's history, it's products and our commitment to real customer service.

Expect a much larger profile and presence in the future.

Thanks for reading and happy printing.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 06:44:48 PM by colintas »
Colin Goode
Sales Manager
TAS International

Offline Ross_S

Re: TAS - The Resurgence
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 07:00:05 PM »
Hey Colin;

We have spoke on a few occasions about Tas presses.  I have owned 2 and just sold one.  If you need a reference just ask Mel and Don about me.  No one in the industry will really say anything negative about Tas; they are work horses.  I tell people all the time that if you want a press that will just plain out run with no issues Tas is a safe bet.  With that being said the major issue is the bells and whistles.  I have had more than a few conversations with Mel, yourself, and of course Otto.  Even met Otto last year in Long Beach.  The press has not seen any updates in the 40 plus years that it has been around.  I tried to get them to make changes such as TOOLESS adjustments, user interface, more options and controls at the print heads.  I just don't think Otto had it in him to make the necessary changes to become a player in the states.

In todays world ease of use, service, and speed are what people want.  I believe the press is solid and will back that statement all day long.  Hell I still run a 12 color Electra I bought used out of LA and that thing has well over 7 million impressions and we still produce 7 and 8 color images with no registration problems at all on it.  But the amount of time it takes me to set that press versus my sportsman is night and day.  With my I-Image and Tri-Loc I have reduced my set up time by a minimum of 90% across the board and with the speed and ease of use of the sportsman I really have not even had to use my TAS more than maybe once a month.  To give you an idea of time being saved it would take 1 employee roughly 1 hour to set upa 7 color job by himself.  That same job and person can set that job up on the sportsman in about 10 minutes.  When you take that amount of time over 30-50 jobs a week that amount of time saved in itself is paying for the press.

I really hope to see Tas make a resurgence and hopefully an over haul.  If you would like to talk further just PM me or ask Mel for my number.  Hell you might even have it because we have spoke a few times fixing a sensor on the Hawk I owned.  Best of Luck

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 07:02:06 PM »
That's awesome I've seen some big factories over here in the states printing on very dated tas machines producing killer work. Always nice to see what press companies are innovating. What type of machine perks does tas offer that you cannot get from the other big companies ?
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline colintas

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 07:22:08 PM »
Hey Ross, yes I remember you very well, I trust all is good with you guys.

Yep, respect all you have said.

Regarding bells and whistles, etc, I understand your point but actually, with many of the things you have mentioned, we already offer a solution. Certainly quick release squeegees, etc.

We are also currently working on many other projects which will become apparent over the coming weeks. I'm not trying to be deliberately vague, but we prefer to have everything finished and fully commissioned before releasing new features.

We treat all suggestions very seriously and give everything consideration. Due to our reputation for reliability, we just need to be exceptionally careful that anything we add has the same degree of durability and reliability as the rest of the machine. As you are aware, the critically important foundation of the machine, the registration system, carries a lifetime warranty on our products and we are always seeking ways of making the machine as bullet proof as possible and this is where the majority of our development is spent. It may not appear as sexy as another bell and whistle, however, when it comes to downtime I would wager it saves a heap more time, money and loss of production.

I will keep you posted with the upcoming developments.

Cheers.
Colin Goode
Sales Manager
TAS International

Offline colintas

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 07:29:01 PM »
Hey Danny. Thanks for your kind words.

As explained above to Ross, there are a few new items in the pipeline, but again, what TAS offer above all else is an absolutely solid and durable machine which will produce premium quality prints, in perfect registration, with almost zero down time for many decades and as you have mentioned, we have many, many customers in the US who will testify to this.

With virtually zero pallet and print head deflection, ground flat aluminium pallets and oversized squeegee motor and gearbox, combining all these points represents the perfect print medium.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 09:37:39 PM by colintas »
Colin Goode
Sales Manager
TAS International

Offline Ross_S

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 07:38:47 PM »
I look forward to it Colin as I said those machines are incredibly durable and served me well for the last 10 years.  The 4000 series all though is almost insanely to BIG I can't believe I don't see more All Over Printers using it.  Guys if you want to see a 26' diameter 6 color press look that machine up (Crazy)

Offline colintas

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 08:46:00 PM »
Thanks Ross.

I will be in touch very soon.
Colin Goode
Sales Manager
TAS International

Offline scrubz

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 02:08:01 PM »
Waiting for the resurgence......
Not getting replies from emails to TAS America or International.

Offline colintas

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 01:13:13 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that. Let me know which email addresses you have used for TAS America and TAS International so I am certain they have been sent to the correct locations.
TAS International pride ourselves on our after care service and I am certain there will be good reason for this lack of response.
I will await to hear back from you.
Colin Goode
Sales Manager
TAS International

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 11:02:36 AM »
still no pre reg pallet system available?
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline colintas

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 01:35:38 AM »
Hi Robert.

Actually we have had a pre-registration system for many years.

Please see the attached photographs.

I trust this helps.
Colin Goode
Sales Manager
TAS International

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 09:39:51 AM »
Thanks for that Colin... had to dig through your website which only has a not so great video on using it, the product is not even listed under accessories. The perception of TAS is they have not kept up the the times in regards to marketing and machine features which is shame because they are amazing machines.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline ffokazak

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 12:49:13 PM »
I have a used TAS reg system as pictured above if anyone is interested. Came with equipment we bought but we use M&R and an I-Image.

PM me if interested.

Offline colintas

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2017, 07:16:31 PM »
Thanks Robert.

Yes our marketing could be better and we are taking steps to ensure it improves.

Regarding features, etc, what would you like to see added to the machines? We are always keen to receive feedback on topics such as this and would be happy to consider any appropriate suggestions.

The strength and backbone of our products will always be the fact that the machine is built in such a way that absolutely maximizes reliability and accuracy of registration. As a rule, the registration system on a TAS will not fail for the life of the machine, not by chance, but due to the unseen time and effort that goes into the design and build ethic of the equipment. Similarly, as stated by a previous poster, the pallet arms, once leveled at installation stage, do not fall out of level and will remain that way.

Unfortunately, generally speaking, features such as this win few plaudits, but they remain the absolute foundation of accurate,  high quality and trouble free garment printing.

As a company however, we of course realise that features such as this, although critically important, are only a part of what makes a great piece of equipment so we will continue to strive for perfection and look at ways of adding to this extremely solid foundation.

Thanks for your comments.
Colin Goode
Sales Manager
TAS International