Author Topic: POS like this gives us all a bad name!  (Read 5942 times)

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: POS like this gives us all a bad name!
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2017, 08:28:36 AM »
Here is the email I recieved from the grandfather(the one in charge of ordering the shirts):

"Thank you so much, but really that is not necessary, we have a printer that is already printing the shirts, we will be taking orders in the future but we just want to get everybody the shirt they paid for, we are just going to take the loss to get this over with. Thank you so much."

I was going to send a reply letting him know the offer is a standing offer and they can let us know anytime they need shirts that the community here will chip in and do what we can do.  I just wanted to run that by everybody here before I passed that along or if you guys had a better response.

Thanks!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2017, 08:41:53 AM »
I am happy they are being taken care of, and more happy here that so many would step and offer even if we don't do it!  Super cool!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2017, 09:05:53 AM »
yup, we are in for any future needs!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2017, 10:09:10 AM »
Thanks for the update!  We are open to anything in the future. 
I'm proud of this community for stepping up.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2017, 11:16:08 AM »
I've got nothing to add. Willing to help if it's needed.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2017, 11:25:25 AM »
btw, was anyone else offended when our profession was described as something that a person with a serious brain injury could do to feel that they were still helping out? (or did you shout, Bingo!) LOL!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2017, 11:29:57 AM »
I doubt his injury was that bad.  You can't keep track of even the small jobs if you aren't somewhat with it.

If he was getting disability from a workers comp injury, his old employer can have his insurance company come after him for the funds.  We've done it before with that and unemployment.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2017, 12:38:49 PM »
btw, was anyone else offended when our profession was described as something that a person with a serious brain injury could do to feel that they were still helping out? (or did you shout, Bingo!) LOL!

No, but I have the firm belief that people basically suck a lot, so I expect it. To quote Ron Swanson, "People are idiots, Leslie."

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2017, 01:03:49 PM »
Was very surprised when I read who this was about. We printed shirts and signs for one of his relatives up here in NY when this happened back in 2012. After a few orders we were contacted by another family member and asked to no longer print for this gentleman as no one knew where the money was going that he was raising. Needless to say, he ended up going to prison after getting caught running a huge scam on senior citizens. So ya...people suck!
Tees and Coffee

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2017, 01:07:05 PM »
Yup people just suck. I would throw in some printing but can't buy shirts, bank account is busted and disgusted. But would put my labor in, in the future if needed.

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2017, 01:12:57 PM »

Well, end result is that he wasn't up to the task....

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2018, 09:20:34 AM »
A quick update to this.

The little boy at the center of all of this, Tripp Halstead, has passed away.  Here is the update from his mother:

There are no words to express how Bill and I are feeling at this moment. We are beyond devastated and honestly I believe I am in shock. Our amazing, perfect, beautiful miracle of a son, Tripp Hughes Halstead passed away at 5:47 pm today. He was our whole world.

We love you Trippadoo and you will never realize the impact you made on our lives.

I have no idea when I will post again. I’m still processing everything. But Bill and I were in the room when he passed at the hospital. His little body was just done fighting this last infection. His little heart gave out. This winter was brutal for him. I’m just so thankful he had the best summer ever. Jet skis, Disney World, the list is endless and that’s when we got those amazing huge smiles.

At this time, I will not be reading the comments but your welcome to leave them for me to read in the coming weeks.

You have been the most loyal and outstanding followers we could have ever asked for and We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the past 5 1/2 years. You let us into your lives and You were there when we needed you most.

Love, Bill and Stacy

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2018, 05:53:58 PM »
I read this also, so sad.  God bless that family!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2018, 06:50:12 PM »
I feel for them, parents aren't supposed to have their children pass away. I hope they can get on with their lives after the grief settles a bit, they seem like pretty nice people.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't