Author Topic: Matsui HM base and white for Pantone color matching  (Read 1645 times)

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Matsui HM base and white for Pantone color matching
« on: February 08, 2017, 11:28:40 AM »
Do they work better than the clear base and dc white?

My general rule when mixing colors that call for a mat base is half dc clear half dc white. It has been working well for me but I'm open to the newer HM bases if anyone has clarification.

Also, what is Bright Discharge Super 75?

PSS why does Matsui's site suck so much and lack ANY detail about each ink product?

Offline Maff

• !!!
Re: Matsui HM base and white for Pantone color matching
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 11:05:30 PM »
I've never used the HM, but we use the Super 75 as our white discharge for years now with great results.  It's basically a 75/25 White/Clear discharge pre mix. Nice and bright white straight out of the bucket (once activated of course). Works well on some blended materials also.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 10:01:18 AM »
Ahhh thanks that makes sense on the Super 75. I'm thinking I'll just stick to what I know and order the two I know and keep on mixin' on.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 12:01:48 PM »
The super 75 is our go to white discharge........ For us its the softest whitest out of the bucket we have found.

Also love the matsui HM bases, we use them over the brite base now.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 08:44:54 PM »
A little clarification on these inks I thought could help.  Some of you already know this, but some people don't.

Matsui Bright discharge white is for low mesh, and has a very heavy pigment load.  This will give you really bright whites, but is suppose to be run through lower mesh counts.  HM discharge white is for higher mesh counts (hm). This does not have as much pigment as the bright white, but it will give you a softer hand feel.

Brite discharge base, is a base that has tiny brightners mixed in with it which is why it is not as clear as HM base in the budget. The idea of the brite is to enhance the colors when mixing. The hm discharge base has no optical brightners in it so it will be a bit softer and print through higher meshes.

Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com