Author Topic: Epson T3270 Film and Dye sub  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Epson T3270 Film and Dye sub
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 10:02:34 AM »
Bryan at filmdirectonline told me best to 2 blacks and 3 cleaning carts. email him at : bryan@filmdirectonline.com

He sold me a t3270 with 2 blacks and 3 cleaning a year ago and love it. Using 700 ml carts.

cadlink - FilmMaker rip.

Shane

We plan to print some color with it to see if we can generate some extra income, but the black in one cart cleaning fluid in the rest is what we've done with all of our printers; single head printing makes nicer halftones we've found. Does doing that void your warranty from Epson?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 12:46:47 PM »
I didnt care. I have had it a year now and maybe 3 - 5 clogs cleaned real quick and 1 waste  tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 07:20:25 PM »

We plan to print some color with it to see if we can generate some extra income

That's what I'm kicking around here. Upgrading the 4800 to a T3270 to print small color posters use as our (soon to be backup) film printer.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 07:22:20 PM »
I run transfers and film. The transfers actually do better with pigment inks
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 10:47:18 PM »
Does the T3270 work like the smaller units, e.g. 4880.     Can you reset the bulk tanks and maintenance tank?     If yes will one chip resetter do both?
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Jamisun

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2017, 04:19:30 PM »
We have a T3270- we use the color occasionally to make posters on the enhanced adhesive synthetic paper- and we love the epson for that. But I gotta say- we have had more issues with film lining up than the 4900 or the 3000 we had before. We bought our printer when they first came out- and we are a little concerned we got a "lemon" as did another fellow forum poster did. Concerning using the color and black system- we still have a a 4900 also with the black max system- so for us - it's super cool to have one machine print large format color and print film, and also have the 4900 to print the film...

Offline Jamisun

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2017, 02:09:21 PM »
Bryan at filmdirectonline told me best to 2 blacks and 3 cleaning carts. email him at : bryan@filmdirectonline.com

He sold me a t3270 with 2 blacks and 3 cleaning a year ago and love it. Using 700 ml carts.

cadlink - FilmMaker rip.

Shane

Shane do you have any issues with your film lining up on the T-3270? Thank you.

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2017, 02:17:51 PM »
if i print same direction very little. 1 out of 10 maybe. maybe. using filenamer xl.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Offline Jamisun

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 02:54:26 PM »
Thank you. Well aside from printing all films in the same direction- just to let you know- if you ever have a separation that has one color that is a very small little spot of color and you have to let the printer feed down to the cross hair- that is probably going to be the film that doesn't line up- or is off the most- ...try adding a line outside of the image area that runs from top to bottom on the side of all of your separations or even just the one with the big gap where the printer stops printing and would normally feed- and I bet they line up every time (At least as long as you are on one roll of film- can't promise if you switch out film in the middle of the job). As long as the printer prints all the way down the page- the films should line up. It's the separations that require the printer to feed down to the cross hair that are off.