Author Topic: Anyone use a third hand cap hooper?  (Read 1473 times)

Offline SEPSINK

Anyone use a third hand cap hooper?
« on: February 28, 2017, 08:36:16 AM »
Hey everyone! We embroider lots of hats and are looking into getting one of those third hand cap hooper. Does anyone here use one? Do your employees find it useful and easier on their hands/wrists?

www.seps.ink Color Separations For Screen Printers

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Anyone use a third hand cap hooper?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 09:55:29 AM »
 We no longer embroider hats just a PITA to us. If you are big on caps you need to do something as the load on the hands is not good when you or an employee has to hoop the product.
The device you show I have never used but in my honest opinion it has a design flaw that you or especially your employees will find. See picture below.
You might also look into these guys way cheaper and nearly bullet proof.\
http://www.hooptechproducts.com/t/TBAR-Framing-Gage
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 10:00:34 AM »
It really only puts like 5psi or something to the cylinder. i think you'd rip out the back of the hat before that bent.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 10:54:47 AM »
I must be doing something right for a change or using pretty good caps cause we have problem 97% of the time hooping caps.  I don't really know a whole lot about the different embroidery machine brands, but in our manual it tells us which cap they use in designing the machine for caps and thought was the best cap for our machine.  I would think others might say the same on which brand or brands they thought best fit there machines, but with that said the machine you posted I could see it moving production faster in a very busy shop.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
  • Just got new glasses, but I'm still disillusioned
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 04:42:30 AM »
We use one by P&F Equipment.  It's foot operated and works wonderfully with our HoopTech cap frames.  It seems P&F has sold or whatever to "ratzllc.com".  Their web site is poor at best and while they speak of the cap press on their home page that works with HoopTech cap frames, they don't show it anywhere I can find on their web site.
Grant me the ability to change the things I can, the strength to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to recognize the difference.