Author Topic: Epson 1430 print issue: Using AccuRip and Ryonet inks:  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Epson 1430 print issue: Using AccuRip and Ryonet inks:
« on: March 03, 2017, 04:23:42 PM »
Epson 1430 print issue: Using AccuRip and Ryonet inks:
[/size]Out of the blue, (might be storm/power outage) related since we did have a tornado come thu here near by just two days ago, but worked yesterday just fine.Today, first thing this am, I cannot print film from Illustrator, Corel Draw or Photoshop without it fading off to nothing...as if it is running out of ink. It's not out of ink. ALL FULL and it's not really an ink issue. Where the print fades off, it's more like a communication error or it times out (while printing).[/color]
I powered down, unplugged the printer for 5 min, restarted.
I've tried different file formats printing as single color...and multi color file via Corel and Illustrator.
I then took a single color (basic solid fill) of black into Photoshop, printing as a multi-channel sep with (separations) chosen in the print setup with same results via AccuRip. The issue is coming from AccuRip. Once I switch off from Accurip to the Epson Printer output, it does print...but not with the good coverage coming straight from The Epson print setup.
I have two pics to attach. It looks like a "communication error) to me. Notice how cleanly the print fades very mechanically. Not like an ink coverage/weight/resolution issue. Sometimes, with this issue, it prints 2" of image, and other times, 4 or 6" and stops.

All of the ink rez weight droplet size, lpi settings are still as they were when working fine. The thing I would try next, is re-installing AccurRip.

Thoughts?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Epson 1430 print issue: Using AccuRip and Ryonet inks:
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 04:37:02 PM »
Try a different usb cable if you haven't. When they go bad strange things can happen.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 04:44:54 PM »
Try a different usb cable if you haven't. When they go bad strange things can happen.

Yes on this.
When I first hooked up my WF 1100. it did not work until I switched cables, and to make it weirder, the "bad" cable still worked on some other devices.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 06:01:05 PM »
That is indeed a good variable to check with communication issues. Could be a broken wire in the line. I did check that and switched. Even switched ports. Still same.

I then went thru about 1.5 hrs of trouble shooting with Ryonet's Master Tech guy "Alex Castrillo"..  Great guy. Turns out he even lurks here. Maybe we will hear from hom now and then if we're lucky. ;)

WHAT IS WAS....is that I let Adobe do the update to the Creative Suite yesterday...and must have been at the end of the day, cuz yesterday, I didn't have this problem. Something during that update, triggered something in AccuRip to not jive right at least for a while. We even removed both Epson and AccuRips drivers, then reinstalled. Still same issue.

Tried new art files, from Illy, Corel and Photoshop. Everything pointed back to AccuRip.

So we restated the PC for a 2nd time today....since I do that first thing in the AM anyhow, cuz The Cloud Illustrator gets quirky if you don't. So we re-started...and cured the issue. Must have been some bad or temporary memory in Accurip caused by the update.

While I'm here, I'll just complain about the image quality again from this Epson 1430. Sucks.  I just did a stochastic halftone test with different resolutions ranging form 166 up to 240 and you can't tell the difference.  When I did this on a Photo imagesetter, Man, you can see the differences. Like, I could not hold more than 233 resolution on a 305 mesh on real imagesetter, but with this epson printer, I can hold the 240 rez on a 230 mesh I'll bet.  Thats a huge difference.

Anyhow,  rant over. Printer working.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline starchild

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 10:38:16 AM »
Sounds like during the Adobe updateit, it ran a action to disable the accurip driver by default or a registry command changed during update.. If on Windows, always remember to restart the driver in Device Management. Or restart services in Computer Management - Services and Applications.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk