Author Topic: Richardson Caps  (Read 1464 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Richardson Caps
« on: March 09, 2017, 02:57:52 PM »
Need some advise here trying to sew out some Richardson caps style PTS 40 and we are breaking needles like crazy needle size 75/11,  we've done these before different style number PTS 20 no problems.  Do I need to get a different size needle, any help at this point will do...Oh I even slowed the machine down to 450
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline dsh

Re: Richardson Caps
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 03:07:28 PM »
I have 2 single heads, and was sewing Richardson 112's.  One machine ran without issue, the other broke needles like crazy.  I stopped using the needle breaker machine, but I'd like to hears answers too.

Offline lrsbranding

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 09:52:48 PM »
Some hats need 80/12 needles. If your breaking needles when starting out move the start position. I always have bad luck starting in the middle seam. If the design will allow start off to the side then do a run stitch into the center seam to start sewing. Also don't start at the bottom near the bill if the hat isn't laying real close to the needle plate in that area. If your sewing one half then the other and the shape of the hat is causing a pressure wave or buckle beside the pressure foot/needle you might benefit by digitizing to sew an underlay for the majority if not all of the design center out both sides before filling in with the fill stitches for each side. I have found that helps on some hats because it beats a flat spot down in the center and stops the buckle from deflecting the needle.
Some hats just suck. Our Barudan holds the hat much closer to the needle plate than our Tajima. It rarely has problems when the Tajima is breaking needles like crazy.

Offline BP

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 10:10:16 AM »
run your machine slower.
SHIRT HAPPENS!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 10:33:50 AM »
run your machine slower.

Than 450? WHOA

We run Richardson daily, no issues here. Barudan and SWF machines.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube