Author Topic: ??? about conversion from floppy to usb  (Read 1954 times)

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
  • Just got new glasses, but I'm still disillusioned
??? about conversion from floppy to usb
« on: March 16, 2017, 07:53:05 PM »
I just received several simulated floppy drives/usb readers from SewManyParts.  Installation was uneventful and easy.  They come with flash drives/memory sticks.  The instructions are to format them to FAT32, which I did.  When I try to output a design from Pulse 11.0, I keep getting told the disc chosen (drive K removable) is full.  No it isn't....what am I doing wrong?  I sent off an email to sewmanyparts but they are east coast and closed.  Anyone have some input to share with me?
Grant me the ability to change the things I can, the strength to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to recognize the difference.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: ??? about conversion from floppy to usb
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 08:57:58 PM »
we had something similar happen with our new to us barudan. It has the USB reader BUT, the USB we used was unformatted and couldn't be read by the convertor. On a hunch, we changed out the stick we were using and it loaded instantly...so..try different USB sticks and see if that's the issue. maybe?
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 11:16:04 PM »
This might work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8E60w2lEmQ

Oh, if it does, all it took was a Google search with 'memory stick says full but its not'.  Google is your friend
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 12:15:11 AM »
I just received several simulated floppy drives/usb readers from SewManyParts.  Installation was uneventful and easy.  They come with flash drives/memory sticks.  The instructions are to format them to FAT32, which I did.  When I try to output a design from Pulse 11.0, I keep getting told the disc chosen (drive K removable) is full.  No it isn't....what am I doing wrong?  I sent off an email to sewmanyparts but they are east coast and closed.  Anyone have some input to share with me?
I have 3 swfs how much did they charge for the converter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 02:15:50 AM »
Go to their web site "www.sewmanyparts.com".  At the bottom of the list on the left you'll find "usb readers". 
Grant me the ability to change the things I can, the strength to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to recognize the difference.

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 02:24:30 AM »
This might work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8E60w2lEmQ

Oh, if it does, all it took was a Google search with 'memory stick says full but its not'.  Google is your friend

Actually, my computer shows the memory stick as empty....it's Tajima's Pulse Version 11.0 that says the memory stick is full when I try to output a design to the memory stick to take out to the machines.

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 09:40:40 PM »
Okay folks....I got it handled thanks to the support people at Hirsch.  The "older" versions like ours (version 11), requires us to perform a "Save As" to the memory stick (being sure to specify a DST file).  Works like a charm.