Author Topic: needle not aligning to needle plate hole?  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
needle not aligning to needle plate hole?
« on: March 18, 2017, 11:38:25 AM »
I just picked up a 4 head barudan, first test sew my embroidery girl smacked a hoop... Now when all 4 needles come down, they are about 1/4" away from the hole in the needle plate...any ideas? Is the timing out or?
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: needle not aligning to needle plate hole?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 12:54:13 PM »
I have the same problem on our head 6. Right now we are just running with 5 heads. Would love to know if there's a simple fix before we have the tech come back to take a look.

Offline Lizard

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 08:42:27 PM »
I don't know anything about barudans but on Tajima you have two possibilities.   If you hit the hoop hard enough the head can shift so the lef side (needle 15) would be higher than the right side (needle 1) or vise versa. The easiest way to check is to measure the height from the needle plate to the needle point on 1 then 15. If one is higher the head needs to be adjusted. The other option is if the rotory hook arm may need adjusting. On tajima there are three bolts at the back of the arm that would need to be loosened and adjusted/aligned.

Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225

Offline Sammyvt

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 09:46:00 AM »
I just picked up a 4 head barudan, first test sew my embroidery girl smacked a hoop... Now when all 4 needles come down, they are about 1/4" away from the hole in the needle plate...any ideas? Is the timing out or?
Is it misaligned side to side or back to front?

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 01:55:55 PM »
Is it misaligned side to side or back to front?

to the side, all 4 heads do it but head 4 is the worst, then they consecutively get a little closer to center towards head 1. She didn't admit to hitting a hoop but the guys in the back said they heard aloud bang, then she quickly hit the stop button. From my investigating, it's clear she nailed a hoop. I got the "I'm not sure, it broke a needle, it may have hit a hoop but I didn't really see it do it"  ::)

thanks, I'll check those things out lizard.

Offline ftembroidery

• !!!
  • Just got new glasses, but I'm still disillusioned
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 11:07:37 PM »
Things like what you are struggling with is why I run a "trace" before I hit the start button.  I'll usually shuttle the heads down to needle 1 before doing the trace.  Sometimes I find that I had previously offset the hoops from center to better fit a design and when going to the next design, I forgot that I had offset things. 

My memory isn't as good as it used to be and........oh, Hello, I know my name isn't Dory but can you remember what I had for lunch today???? I can't......oh, look at that!!!.....shiny!!!
Grant me the ability to change the things I can, the strength to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to recognize the difference.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 06:04:43 AM »
tech support called and gave me instructions on how to go about fixing it, there are a few bolts to loosen so I can realign head 1 and the other heads "should" follow suit, but if not I have to do those as well...I took off all the covers, then decided my time is best spent doing other things so I called in a tech. they said this is a common issue...

She claims she traced the design and it fit in the hoop....then how did the needle end up buried in the hoop?! oh well, it can be fixed. I have other machines we can use so it's not the end of the world.

Shanarchy, call a tech ;D

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 01:46:46 PM »
The other thing you should do after you think you have the issue fixed is place a piece of tape over each needle hole then run through every needle in each head, start with #8 and work to #9-15 then #7-1 . If all is good and aligned each needle should go through the same hole in the tape. If not and some miss or even make the hole bigger then you have some more adjusting to do. Turn the shaft by hand if you can. Not familiar with Baurdans but we use a hex wrench in the end of the main shaft to manually operate the shaft rotation etc.
mooseman
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 01:48:48 PM by mooseman »
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 01:56:09 PM »
good idea moose... right now my hole's getting bigger. this machine is down until the tech gets here and this morning,  the software dongle key took a dive so I can't send files to my other embroidery machines.....work piling up and I'm pretty much screwed.

as Dave said, my dongle is broken....

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 02:06:59 PM »
Hmmm, seems to me I took a little flack from someone about my dongle. At least my hole wasn't getting bigger

(Seriously, I hope the problems are resolved with the tech. Good luck)
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 03:06:41 PM »
Hmmm, seems to me I took a little flack from someone about my dongle. At least my hole wasn't getting bigger

(Seriously, I hope the problems are resolved with the tech. Good luck)

Homers hole is wide open i hear...

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 06:56:44 AM »
tech support called and gave me instructions on how to go about fixing it, there are a few bolts to loosen so I can realign head 1 and the other heads "should" follow suit, but if not I have to do those as well...I took off all the covers, then decided my time is best spent doing other things so I called in a tech. they said this is a common issue...

She claims she traced the design and it fit in the hoop....then how did the needle end up buried in the hoop?! oh well, it can be fixed. I have other machines we can use so it's not the end of the world.

Shanarchy, call a tech ;D

Tracing on anything but needle 1 can help create a large broken parts bin. Ask me how I know :)