Author Topic: Anyone care to share their customer form(s)?  (Read 5869 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Anyone care to share their customer form(s)?
« on: November 07, 2011, 04:24:20 PM »
I'm starting to take my t-shirt business to a more "professional" level and opening up some retail store space (inside my other shop... but all the same).

I had my first "walk-in" this week and I realized how unprepared I was for it.

I had not real means of taking the customer's information or what they needed or anything.

I quickly made something up in word on the fly but it's time to get busy and do it proper.

Just curious if any of you guys would care to share what you are using when taking in simple one off orders and even larger orders?

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
Re: Anyone care to share their customer form(s)?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 05:04:34 PM »
we use www.priceitsoftware.com  it tracks everything....check it out

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 05:29:58 PM »
Hey Sam,
Are you using this on a Mac or PC? I see that they have it for Mac which I like. Thanks

www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 05:31:30 PM »
went to DL and my anti virus red flagged it

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 08:16:10 PM »
we run it on a pc...we have used it for about 7 yrs and it rocks
sam

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 09:16:15 PM »
Thanks!
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 12:42:51 AM »
So no one has a hard copy form that their customer puts their info in?

You all use this type of software even if grandma comes in and wants her initials put on her hand bag?

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 07:28:44 AM »
I made this one about 2 years ago, I might change some stuff on it,
I took my logo off from the top left.

Hope it helps.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 07:30:27 AM »
gilligan...yes, even if we sell 1 piece.

it helps you stay better organised...trust me.

Offline dburgessjr

• Verified/Junior
  • It's all about MƎ
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 07:53:33 AM »
If its a 1-off, I will hand write their info into my notebook then transfer it into PriceIt later that day.
You'd be surprised how easy you can loose track of a 1-off and the software helps keep the order in the mix.

Here is an order form that the company I used to work for used for many years.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 08:52:50 AM »
...if you want to make the MOST money, -you absolutely, without question, need some sort of a program like Price-it, T-quoter (what we use), T-Boss, Shopworks, I think there are a few others. You input your overhead, what you want to make and it spits out a price you should charge. in less than 10 seconds. If we started with it years ago, I would have a new auto -that's for damn sure.

Quick story.  About 3-4 weeks ago, a guy stopped in, he wanted 50 hoodies, left crest with black print. CAKE work....I put in the info, printed out the quote, shot the bull for a few -out the door he went. Hour or two later he calls me from a competitors parking lot "hey man, these guys are 5.00 cheaper per shirt than you, what can we do". . .I said bring in a written quote and I will look at it and see what I can do. . 2 days later -nothing, I figured he was gone, a 250.00 difference is a ton of coin. .well he wasn't gone, he came back, with a dirty piece of paper with coffee stains, it turned out to be there "price list". . he told me would have been here sooner but it took over an hour to get a written price from them, fumbling through catalogs to get the right style number, they finally told him to come back tomorrow, they couldn't figure out how to do it, blah blah blah. .this "company" has been in business since the 80's . .I ended up meeting in the middle and knocking off a few bucks. he said he walked in here -told me what he wanted, I put it in the computer and done -very professional, no time lost, he had a price in under 30 seconds. He wasted 2 days waiting for these jokers to use their dirty word print out. . .I was clearly higher priced and won. It paid for the program.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 09:38:37 AM »
Take a look at this.
http://www.t-worksmanager.com/

Offline cclaud3

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 10:17:24 AM »
I use T-works manager. Was looking for a mac compatible setup and it fit the price-point and feature set. It's basically a heavy duty Filemaker database. For project management I use Daylite by Marketcircle as it also has a iPhone app that syncs (and you can have up to 50 users sharing the calendar/projects/tasks).

I have considered duplicating the T-Works into my own Filemaker database because there's a plugin for daylite that will autofill the project info straight from the Filemaker database. Can't do this directly from T-Works because it's an outputted/packaged application from Filemaker.

Chris

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 10:24:41 AM »
Gilligan PM me your email and I will send you one that we use in Excel. I am not smart enough to attach it here....lol
www.inkwerksspd.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 10:57:38 AM »
If its a 1-off, I will hand write their info into my notebook then transfer it into PriceIt later that day.
You'd be surprised how easy you can loose track of a 1-off and the software helps keep the order in the mix.

Here is an order form that the company I used to work for used for many years.

Exactly...  I'm not suggesting that you don't use these programs... I'm actually looking at having my brother build me a custom database like he did for my computer shop.

But I just don't see it being practical for the one off piece that you quote with a sign on your wall (Monogramming $10, Initials $8, Single Letter $6) to input that info into the system while the customer waits.  Besides, a form lets them pick the font, mark the garment (mockup) for placement, spell out what they need exactly and then SIGN OFF on it!

That way if they come back and say... I said it was Amie, with IE, not a Y.  I can say "well, here it is right here and you signed off saying this was right.  Or plain and simple they print out what they need themselves and not leave room for me to assume anything!

But then yes... you put it in "the system" to track it and stay organized.

I say it like I'm the zen master of organization but I'm more of the master of chaos sadly.  But I'm trying to change that.