Author Topic: Anyone care to share their customer form(s)?  (Read 5870 times)

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
Re: Anyone care to share their customer form(s)?
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 04:32:37 PM »
Possible the custom work order form I have on my site might help.

www.fluiddsn.com/?page_id=1135
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 06:58:36 PM by Fluid »
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 06:37:18 PM »
Cool... getting great ideas for screen printing too now.  Thanks Fluid!

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 08:28:41 PM »
I use t-invoicer, its a cheap software program but works good for tracking names quoting and invoicing and you can pull reports off it so its nice at tax time. The newer version does more. Also I use this form for approvals  (Attached)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 01:52:51 AM »
I use t-invoicer, its a cheap software program but works good for tracking names quoting and invoicing and you can pull reports off it so its nice at tax time. The newer version does more. Also I use this form for approvals  (Attached)

Hmm, now that's a good price.  T-Works seems to be an upgrade though you can still get t-invoicer.

Where would you say that this program lacks compared to teecal or something like that?  I mean $800+ compared to $130 (or even $60 bucks), you HAVE to assume SOMETHING is missing.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 01:57:01 AM by Gilligan »

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 12:11:36 PM »
q
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 09:13:14 PM »

Hmm, now that's a good price.  T-Works seems to be an upgrade though you can still get t-invoicer.

Where would you say that this program lacks compared to teecal or something like that?  I mean $800+ compared to $130 (or even $60 bucks), you HAVE to assume SOMETHING is missing.
Well, the version I have you cant email from directly and there were some glitches with printing and converting to pdfs but they have corrected those issues.  Its not a do all just  invoicing, you can run reports on paid/ unpaid invoices I wish I could separate jobs that were taxable and those that were not, and some of the fields space is limited. I will be upgrading to the newer version soon. The other programs offer more in reports and field customization  you can also build some pricing tables but the other programs offer more options for doing that.
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 10:48:58 PM »
Do you guys see a need for another player in this market?  I've talked to my brother several times about developing something.  I'd of course like to fill in any holes and of course price it a bit cheaper than some of these systems.

Should I start another thread for a "wish list"?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 10:55:28 PM »
Maybe, but the problem is you will never make a system that will do everything that everybody wants.  I'ts a crowded market, but I think you could make a go of it.

The thing that would get you the most amount of users is being able to bring all of their old info from another program over to the new one.  Once you start with one, you feel locked in.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 11:11:23 PM »
Yeah, I feel ya.

Do the current systems have an "export" function?  (obviously you personally probably can't speak for all of them).

If they have an export function, especially to CSV or something, I'm sure it could be worked out.  As long as they don't "encrypt" their exports I would imagine it all could be reverse engineered.  Wouldn't be flawless but probably could get it pretty decent.

I know you can't please everyone... but if there is a feature that others don't have that lots of users would like then that would be one more thing to throw in that would be worth it.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 10:15:38 AM »
usually they have a customer export feature, but frankly a customer list doesn't mean crap if i can't import past orders and the details.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 10:51:34 AM »
And that would be a problem with that.

Unless they are using flat files (unlikely) or some standard format even FileMaker might work.  It would be hard to rip out their data.

Offline DILLON

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 11:58:39 AM »
Whoa, just checked out T-Works and I dig it! I needed a nice one for a mac and I like the way the screens flow.

Gilligan, if you decide to venture into production, I would suggest designing a nice user interface. I've been running through alternatives for our POS and accounting softwares (at a retail clothing store), but I always decide to stick with Quickbooks. All because of the UI, despite the worst customer service ever...

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 01:27:02 PM »
Whoa, just checked out T-Works and I dig it! I needed a nice one for a mac and I like the way the screens flow.

Gilligan, if you decide to venture into production, I would suggest designing a nice user interface. I've been running through alternatives for our POS and accounting softwares (at a retail clothing store), but I always decide to stick with Quickbooks. All because of the UI, despite the worst customer service ever...

Really?!  Uggh... everyone I know hates QB... I have a customer that wishes they never would have bought their POS software.  Way too much money invested in it and it just doesn't really do what they feel like it should.  Plus POS doesn't really cleanly integrate into regular QB adding to their frustration.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 02:44:08 PM »
I'm too busy (and lazy) to sort through this thread and split the majority of it to the Shop Management software section right now
Can one of you interested parties start up a new thread?

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 03:13:07 PM »
Sorry Andy... I know I'm bad for posting in the wrong section (truly by accident) but this time I wasn't the one guilty. ;)

I really wanted to just look at forms and everyone else got on this shop management stuff. ;)