Author Topic: Films not lining up on the T3270  (Read 4677 times)

Offline Jamisun

• Verified/Junior
Films not lining up on the T3270
« on: March 28, 2017, 04:04:33 PM »
Hey there!
Looking for some help- we purchased the T-3270 a year ago when it first came out and we pair it with the ACCURip Black Pearl and we use the Rite Film from Ryonet. We have had to adjust print settings to get our film to line up- and even so- it doesn't always line up properly. Does anyone else use this same combination and can give me the settings that work for this combination?
Big big thanks in advance!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Films not lining up on the T3270
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 05:00:47 PM »
Hey Jamisun, search my posts on this.  You might have a lemon.  We had the issue and no combination of film and settings including Epson's own media would resolve, Epson bought the unit back.   Don't let them tell you it's not a known issue.  Also AR Black Pearl is identical to the AR packaged by Epson, the Epson version is just limited to their two models they are pushing for film.

Online cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 05:49:54 PM »
Hey there!
Looking for some help- we purchased the T-3270 a year ago when it first came out and we pair it with the ACCURip Black Pearl and we use the Rite Film from Ryonet. We have had to adjust print settings to get our film to line up- and even so- it doesn't always line up properly. Does anyone else use this same combination and can give me the settings that work for this combination?

I have one but use cadlink for my rip. i have found that if you have one image vertical and the other parts horizontal it screws with the registration.
Shane

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 07:12:10 PM »
Hey there!

I have one but use cadlink for my rip. i have found that if you have one image vertical and the other parts horizontal it screws with the registration.
Shane

This is the case with all inkjet printers
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 07:42:51 PM »
Yep. I forget about it trying to save on film it bites me in the ass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 08:18:18 PM »
Yep. I forget about it trying to save on film it bites me in the ass.

Happens often a lot to folks replacing one plate of a set, and forgetting how the originals were run
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 10:59:14 PM »
Yep.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 03:17:48 AM »
You guys make me nervous.
I bought a T3270 in the USA and it is being shipped to Israel.
It cost a third of the price in the USA but
I won't have any guarantee here.
I've done this a before with a few 4880's but had no problems.
Hopefully it'll work well.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Jamisun

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 08:35:41 AM »

Shane
[/quote]

Thank you Shane- we run all of our films out in the same direction- the stretch or shrink only occurs vertically from the direction the film feeds off the roll - so like you said- they must all face the same way coming out. So we figured that part out.
 The amount of stretch or shrink in the image varies - sometimes it seems at the beginning of the roll of film it is different than at the end- which makes me think it is a tension setting for the roller that needs some sort of adjustment. If you run out of film in the middle of printing a seven color job- you might as well forget it and start over on a new roll because they will not line up.  Or you can waste film trying to print the next three or four with the right stretch to line up. Sometimes you print a whole job and one piece of film printed in the middle of the series doesn't line up- but the rest do- which totally throws a wrench in whatever idea that I may have that the issue has consistent variables. We have tried some that are recommend concerning platen gap and all that- which was how we addressed it on the 4900 awhile ago (we had this issue on that printer but we were able to resolve by defining a setting that worked with the material- took a long time, and much wasted film and ink, to get it right though). I find it hard to believe there hasn't been a specific setting devised for this material. There are so many factors involved- it's hard to pin point the problem. And we are having the same problem again with the 4900 - which for awhile made me think it was the Black Pearl Accurip- which we use on both printers but toggle back and forth. Is the film itself bad? Maybe how it's attached to the roll? Or is something in the AccuRip software telling the roll to maintain a certain tension? I would say it's the printer but I am having the issue with the 4900 again as well.

Offline Jamisun

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 08:45:13 AM »
Hey Jamisun, search my posts on this.  You might have a lemon.  We had the issue and no combination of film and settings including Epson's own media would resolve, Epson bought the unit back.   Don't let them tell you it's not a known issue.  Also AR Black Pearl is identical to the AR packaged by Epson, the Epson version is just limited to their two models they are pushing for film.

I have read your posts for this- thank you so much. It was refreshing to hear someone else had the same issue. Considering we bought the printer as it first became available- I wouldn't be surprised it is a lemon. But I am having the same kind of trouble with my 4900 now (whereas we resolved the problem with that printer before- now it has come back). I will look at the possibililty of getting in touch with Epson about taking it back before our first year is up. May I ask what you use instead for printing films now? Do you have a product that works well?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 09:27:58 AM »
You guys make me nervous.
I bought a T3270 in the USA and it is being shipped to Israel.
It cost a third of the price in the USA but
I won't have any guarantee here.
I've done this a before with a few 4880's but had no problems.
Hopefully it'll work well.

We bought one in December, we are having no problems with films lining up. AccuRIP Black Pearl, I forget the film brand, but it's good for Pigment inks.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Jamisun

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 08:19:29 AM »
Steve- if you have a moment- will you please let me know what brand of film you are using and your print settings on the printer for that film? I would like to try whatever you have going that works! Thank you!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2017, 01:03:10 PM »
ScreenRite KU17100 (17" x 100') from Garston. By settings for the printer, we print with just the photo black, I think the droplet weight is 13, I can't get into it software right now, kinda busy...

Steve

Offline Jamisun

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2017, 03:40:16 PM »
Thank you, Steve- greatly appreciated.  I know you are still busy but if you see what you have listed for the paper setting - and if you have a special platen gap or paper suction setting- that would be awesome. Thanks again!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2017, 11:34:44 AM »
Here's a screen capture... we may move the droplet size up...

Steve