Author Topic: How would you print this?  (Read 764 times)

Offline Prints Charming

• Verified/Junior
How would you print this?
« on: March 29, 2017, 12:32:39 PM »
Customer wants this with water base ink.On a  heather grey heater blue and heather green We passed on the job. I was just wondering how some of you would do it.
Thanks for any input.
Randy Wilbanks 361-533-0593 Prints Charming Royal Tees corpus Christi Texas

Offline redwoodtees

Re: How would you print this?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 01:23:47 PM »
Is the black background inside the cat supposed to be shirt color or black ink?

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 01:41:02 PM »
Do you have a press big enough to print it with HSA?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Prints Charming

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 02:54:33 PM »
yes it could be the shirt showing through.

No I don't have an auto big enough for this many colors and my largest manual is only eight colors.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 03:30:39 PM »
For it to feel like waterbase, you'd have to discharge the base and still print a white on top for highlight to assure a very bright white and cover any poly texture in the heather (I believe).  Then also be sure to include a black screen for other color garments.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 04:17:11 PM »
To do it right? Probrbly 14 screens........look at the fiesta logo on the bottom right

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 05:41:15 PM »
I'd sub it out to Tony ;D
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 06:23:51 PM »
I'd sub it out to Tony ;D
Another vote for this.

Murphy

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 08:33:12 AM »
Ha! Well since the OP passed on this (very wise) the point is moot however there are plenty of people who could print this. Flag however is the substrate colors and their ability to discharge. A DC/UB would be a safe route for those who don't have or want to mix/match those colors in DC (but its certainly possible). Still, the apparent low res file raises a second flag. Further since the substrate is not black we would need a black, 2 grays, hi white, 2 purples, 201 red, and so on. And thats before we get to that logo. Not much opportunity to blend in order to keep the screen count down.
Its a can you vs should you thing. But thanks for thinking of me guys ;)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 09:26:53 AM »
We passed on something similar in color count and idea yesterday.  It's hard for some customers to understand that we're turning down a paying job but I could tell right away that the work that would be involved along with her expectations, it was a loser before we ever burned a screen.  She essentially wanted every colored cancer ribbon on the back of a shirt in a carnival background and she wanted all of the colors to be dead on to the Pantone book she brought with her.  That's when we send the customer to another shop as a prank to that shop.  I'm fairly sure that's how she found us.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Prints Charming

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 10:35:56 AM »
I do have a better png file, I just couldn't load it the here. I was just making sure there wasn't some kind of secret I was thinking of. The people who did most of the shirts for Fiesta( all of them are many colors) decided they could no longer do them for them at the price They wanted to pay.

On another note we did discharge an Ei-lo 6200  50/50 shirt yesterday that discharged very well.