Author Topic: Glow in the dark ink  (Read 1874 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Glow in the dark ink
« on: March 29, 2017, 11:28:22 PM »
Who has them and what colors do they come in 
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Glow in the dark ink
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 04:15:39 AM »

Apparently these guys do great glow inks.

Allure Glow

http://www.lightwithoutpower.com/Glow_in_the_Dark

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 07:54:59 AM »

Apparently these guys do great glow inks.

Allure Glow

http://www.lightwithoutpower.com/Glow_in_the_Dark

I agree. They do. Very good ink.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 02:39:13 PM »
We just used some AllureGlow on a job and was fairly impressed.  I will say the following:

1. their white during the day and glow at night ink wasn't good.  Maybe it was a bad batch, but it had big flecks of glow in it that gave the final print a speckled glow.  Their clear base is a much better bet.

2. It pops screens.  I had 2 brand new screens pop while running a 400 pc job.  I mean, split from side to side.  either right where the squeegee started or ended.

3. It's the best glow ink we've used.  It's the brightest, but we did find when we mixed some of it into the highlight white and then another hit of straight glow it really popped.  And put the straight glow on thick.

On a side note, my customer didn't understand why the shirts had to be charged with light and is still insisting there is a product that glows without being charged.  I thought she should patent that idea for light without electricity and make a fortune.  I tried explaining it the best I could, but she just isn't getting it.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 03:41:52 PM »
That's good to know Brad, some customer's don't really a clue, they insist they know what they know and we should do it even if it don't exist, just had a customer tell us something like this about comfort colors after we told them these shirts can vary in colors from dye lot to dye lot, but I will keep the glow ink info you posted.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 04:36:45 PM »
I told her to set up an area with black lights to charge the shirts.  But she still swears the ones from Target don't need any light to glow.

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 07:45:00 PM »
We just used some AllureGlow on a job and was fairly impressed.  I will say the following:

1. their white during the day and glow at night ink wasn't good.  Maybe it was a bad batch, but it had big flecks of glow in it that gave the final print a speckled glow.  Their clear base is a much better bet.

2. It pops screens.  I had 2 brand new screens pop while running a 400 pc job.  I mean, split from side to side.  either right where the squeegee started or ended.

3. It's the best glow ink we've used.  It's the brightest, but we did find when we mixed some of it into the highlight white and then another hit of straight glow it really popped.  And put the straight glow on thick.

On a side note, my customer didn't understand why the shirts had to be charged with light and is still insisting there is a product that glows without being charged.  I thought she should patent that idea for light without electricity and make a fortune.  I tried explaining it the best I could, but she just isn't getting it.

What mesh were you using when the screens popped? Are you using the powder or their premixed ink?

We tried their glow pigment with a 150S, but the particles didn't like to clear very well so we dropped it down to an 86, and the result was much better. We had the speckling you describe with the 150. I think the particles are pretty abrasive and might be a little too much for thin thread.

Your customer sounds like a real pain... its just tough to communicate with some folks. Once charged the ink does seem to glow for a very long time!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 07:57:12 AM »
We were using a 150s for the highlight white and the final glow.  We ended up switching to 110's that were lower tension.

Everybody here was laughing at how much it got under my skin that she didn't understand how glow in the dark works.

My wife and I were thinking she maybe meant reflective, but that still requires light.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 08:33:55 AM »
If you have some Glow in a dark powder you can always mix that with a clear base and overprint on a top of white or any other color.
I do have small amount and printed some on a white paper. It worked.
Still need tome free time to mess with it on the tees.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 12:23:18 PM »
Ger some Uranium 235 grind it up mix with ink bam always glow ink.
"No man is an island"