Author Topic: CCI ER-80 VS Easiway EasiSolv 55 Stencil Remover  (Read 1703 times)

Offline LuckyFlyinROUSH

• !!!
CCI ER-80 VS Easiway EasiSolv 55 Stencil Remover
« on: April 04, 2017, 11:21:40 AM »
What's the difference here people?

EasiSolv 55 = $50 for a quart. Mix 30/1

CCI ER-80 = $50 for a GALLON. Mix 30/1

Right now we use the ER-80, Mix about 15/1 spray on application. But we are buying an Eco-Tex and they recommend EasiSolv 55.

There's a significant price difference...as obviously we can get 4x as much for the same price using ER-80...and both as far as I know use the same exact main chemical right? sodium metaperiodate?
I spend too much money on equipment...

Offline Stinkhorn Press

• !!!
Re: CCI ER-80 VS Easiway EasiSolv 55 Stencil Remover
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 12:25:05 PM »
emulsion remover is cheap enough that you need to just buy what works for you, and find one more job to print in the next year if it's the more expensive one and you really need to justify it somehow...

now if easisolv 701 had a cheaper option that worked as well, that would be another story.

Offline Prōdigium

• Something New Is Coming.....Prōdigium
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 10:14:01 AM »

Right now we use the ER-80, Mix about 15/1 spray on application. But we are buying an Eco-Tex and they recommend EasiSolv 55.

There's a significant price difference...as obviously we can get 4x as much for the same price using ER-80...and both as far as I know use the same exact main chemical right? sodium meta-periodate?

The difference is the price if they are both true 30:1 concentrates...the truth be known, this stuff should be a lot less expensive than what the market prices are. and Yes, sodium meta-periodate is the active ingredient.
Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 11:51:45 AM »

There's a significant price difference...as obviously we can get 4x as much for the same price using ER-80...and both as far as I know use the same exact main chemical right? sodium meta-periodate?

The difference is the price if they are both true 30:1 concentrates...the truth be known, this stuff should be a lot less expensive than what the market prices are. and Yes, sodium meta-periodate is the active ingredient.

Yes Lance, we get it, everything could be cheaper.  LED's, roland blades and so forth.  A lot of the cost on something is the R&D.  If you simply steal that research by reverse engineering another's hard work, then yes, you can do it cheaper.

We could print cheaper too.  In a perfect world where the orders come in with perfect artwork, shirt sizes attached and no hiccups, then we could charge a lot less for printing.  The associated costs add a lot into the price of a shirt.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 01:55:27 PM »
The biggest difference I see between the two in comparing their MSDS sheets is the easisolv has sulfuric acid and sulfamic acid listed as ingredients along with the normal SMP. The SMP does seem to be a higher concentration in easisolv's version.
"No man is an island"

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 02:02:42 PM »
Also some of the ER concentrates and ink degradents are non-Foaming products.  From what I have seen non-foaming chemicals are a must for use with the automatic washers.
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 02:29:53 PM »
Correct

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 04:14:28 PM »
Here is my take on emulsion removers, it's how your going to apply it, if you have a dip tank just about any of it will be fine, if your spraying it on from a bottle like I do then you want something that works quick and I've found that ICC 937 is great and they have a better product which I can't call the name right now, but it is a little pricey.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 04:18:09 PM »
How does the 55 compare to the 500?  I have been using the 500 (emulsion) and 701 (ink/dehaze) for years now and they both work very well.

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 05:30:37 PM »
55 can be diluted a bit more the the 500, but the price jumps pretty substantially on it.   55 is also not packaged in the single gallons (Quart, 5 gallon, 55 gallon)  Many people who buy this are dumping it in a 55 drum, and or running it in an auto washer.
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 08:24:47 PM »
If you're mixing the ER-80 15:1 and it says 30:1, that says something.
Have you tried the 500/55 to see if it's actually stronger?

BTW, there are enzyme based stencil removers too, but I would guess they'd be a crapshoot with robotic washing...
I mean, even more of a crapshoot.  :)

Offline Prōdigium

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 08:05:16 AM »
Yes Lance, we get it, everything could be cheaper.  LED's, roland blades and so forth.  A lot of the cost on something is the R&D.  If you simply steal that research by reverse engineering another's hard work, then yes, you can do it cheaper.

We could print cheaper too.  In a perfect world where the orders come in with perfect artwork, shirt sizes attached and no hiccups, then we could charge a lot less for printing.  The associated costs add a lot into the price of a shirt.

I am not implying, nor suggesting anything about stealing anything.. are you implying that you think I am? or that I have?

Its a basic fact that the chemicals used are very cheap, and as for R&D, lets be realistic...for this product, its NOT rocket science to make. All that is required is a basic high school chemistry education. Sodium Metaperiodate is about $0.50 for 100 grams (less in bulk) which is enough to make a strong gallon. You appear to be making an argument that if someone is overcharging for something that this is a good thing? Even you are questioning why a qt of something is prices the same as a gallon.

The gist of my reply was that if someone is charging $50 for a qt and the true ratio of strength is in fact the same....they are charging too much. I think any reasonable person can agree.
Nothing is more difficult than the art of maneuvering for advantageous positions.

Offline Prōdigium

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 08:47:58 AM »
.....now if easisolv 701 had a cheaper option that worked as well, that would be another story.

Curious, have you tried Image Mate 260? Its a degreaser and haze remover combo...pretty sure its less than EasiSolv.

Also, what do you think would be a "fair" market price is for a product like EasiSolve 701?

Update: By the way, personally I would not continue to use a product who's active ingredient is a petroleum distillate. Maybe its one reason why it works so good, but I am pretty much against dumping jet fuel down the drain....and depending on where you live, the municipality might be too.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 09:18:13 AM by Prōdigium »