Author Topic: Wilflex IMS 3.0 question  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Wilflex IMS 3.0 question
« on: April 11, 2017, 01:05:54 AM »
Is there an option hidden somewhere in that app. that allows you to alter the pigment percentage you have to add to the base? I assume regardless of the pantone color the total percentage of pigments to base is always the same, but what if you want to go over that set amount? For example if I want to add a total of 15% of pigments to the base instead of 10%. Or would this require a calculator, a piece of paper and a pen to work this all out.

Offline ol man

Re: Wilflex IMS 3.0 question
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 06:05:45 AM »
Is there an option hidden somewhere in that app. that allows you to alter the pigment percentage you have to add to the base? I assume regardless of the pantone color the total percentage of pigments to base is always the same, but what if you want to go over that set amount? For example if I want to add a total of 15% of pigments to the base instead of 10%. Or would this require a calculator, a piece of paper and a pen to work this all out.

just lower the amount of base

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 08:30:25 AM »
You have to clone the formula first, then you can adjust the base percentage as mentioned above and the pigs will calculate for you.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 08:32:41 AM »
Just be aware of max pig load/cure. Too much PC can affect washfastness

Offline pcshone

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 12:41:58 PM »
Just be aware of max pig load/cure. Too much PC can affect washfastness
There is a warning sidebar that will turn red if you exceed maximum or  don't hit the minimum base levels.

As previously posted - clone the nearest Pantone to the colour you want first and you can adjust to what you want

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Philip Collins-Shone
Area Sales Manager, EMEA, Specialty Inks and Polymer Systems
+44 (0) 775 852 349
Philip.collins-shone@PolyOne.com

Offline BorisB

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 11:10:16 AM »
Hi,

I know it's old thread, but same SW.

When using clone function, you can only edit amount of base or pigments, right?  If i reduce base qty by 50% (still within range) i get mostly only about 60% of needed ink. As it recalculates total new from ingredients. Now if I change total ink amount back to wanted qty, formula gets weird/wrong.
How is this to be done properly? Or it's not available?

Oh, one more. Is there any video manual available? You know, like one Errin made for IMS 7.5