Author Topic: our S-mesh experience  (Read 5718 times)

Offline Prince Art

Re: our S-mesh experience
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2017, 10:57:23 AM »
It is absolutely insane that it has been around as long as it has yet is still being used in the vast minority of textile shops. 

There are a lot who have probably never heard of it. I hadn't until reading about here on TSB. Our usual suppliers don't carry it, and I never encountered any articles about it, so it wasn't even on my radar. And I've been kicking myself, because we ordered a bunch of new screens just before learning about it here. Next round of screens, though, you guys have definitely convinced me to get on the S-mesh train.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: our S-mesh experience
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 01:16:34 PM »
Should I throw a wrench in here and say I use 200s mesh? In between 180 and 225 just gotta be careful with the math on screen moire.

I've noticed the specs on the 200 and on paper it looks like a great option.  I've never pulled the trigger on testing it out though.  I like 225's for top color work, but I've always felt like there was too big of a gap between the 180 and 225.  I LOVE having 150's and 180's in our inventory even though they are really close so putting in a 200 seems like a good idea to me.  I know it's just another mesh count to complicate things but as long as I'm choosing the mesh counts for all the jobs we never have issues with having so many different counts to choose from.  For many shops though, sticking with as few mesh counts as possible is still the safest route to take.  It really depends on how/who is making the choices on mesh counts to use and if they have the knowledge to make it work.  I think we could get along just fine if we had 20 different mesh counts in our inventory but not every shop would get along well with that setup.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.