Author Topic: Hooping Carhartt jackets/coats  (Read 2986 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Hooping Carhartt jackets/coats
« on: November 08, 2011, 07:09:50 PM »
Anyone got any nifty tricks they want to share on this subject?

I read an article from impressions magazine that suggested clamps to the hoops after you get it in so it doesn't pop out.  Probably will try that.

What about stabilizer... I'm assuming none will be needed on something that heavy.

Offline SkylinePrints

• Verified/Junior
Re: Hooping Carhartt jackets/coats
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 07:15:57 PM »
clamps all the way.  we do them every year.  tear away backing is all you need. 
Have a great day! :)
 Nathan Harrison Skyline Prints Embroidery & Screen Printing 4982 Bill Gardner Pkwy  Locust Grove, GA 30248  (770) 914-1558  www.SkylinePrints.com  Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/skylineprints or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/skylineprints

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 08:58:02 PM »
Cool... mind sharing which "clamps" do you use?

These?

What is the purpose of the backing on something so heavy duty?  I trust ya, I'm just trying to understand it's purpose better so I know when and why to use it.

Offline bj

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 10:32:53 PM »
In my opinion, you do not need backing on the carhartts.  Same thing with back packs there is no need for stabilization when the material won't shift on it's own.    The whole point of backing is to hold the fabric and give support.    You do however need the clamps though.  The clamps really do help it so the hoops don't pop during a run especially if you are running multiple heads.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 10:59:25 PM »
Mighty hoops. Pricey but works great