Author Topic: Wilflex Lava black vs matte black vs Rio deep black  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Wilflex Lava black vs matte black vs Rio deep black
« on: April 19, 2017, 01:37:49 PM »
I like the Wilflex matte black ink. Anyone know how the Wilflex Lava black compares to it?

Also, Wilflex Rio deep black. We have the Rio mixing system. Anyone know how the Rio deep black performs as an actual black ink compared to the above? I'd love to just keep one black on hand if possible.

Offline Raywilflex

Re: Wilflex Lava black vs matte black vs Rio deep black
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 03:48:40 PM »
the Matte black has a matte finish on the surface... the other blacks primary function is to mix well. Though with high meshes and correct pressure, you will still have a good black coverage with a satin finish.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 03:58:23 PM »
the Matte black has a matte finish on the surface... the other blacks primary function is to mix well. Though with high meshes and correct pressure, you will still have a good black coverage with a satin finish.

Thanks Ray!

And how does the Lava black and matte black compare? Is there much of a difference between the two?

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 04:13:02 PM »
I can't speak for all of these, but I currently use the Lava black and it has a matte finish. I'm not sure if it's as matte as other blacks though.