Author Topic: PHU2 vs Cryocoat  (Read 3120 times)

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
Re: PHU2 vs Cryocoat
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 07:00:23 AM »
Don't want to highjack, but what benefits do you get from adding diazo to photopolymer emulsion? Is it still a fast exposure?

I just finished a gallon of Cryocoat. I didn't mind it, but I'm using Saati at the moment because it was local. Seems to reclaim a bit easier also.

Which Saati emulsion?

Textile PV. Main reason I don't love it is because it seems to retain moisture more then other brands. Water proof films are this emulsions enemy. I started using baby powder on my films and the screens, which has helped, but now I have baby powder dust everywhere lol.

Offline SI

• !!!
Re: PHU2 vs Cryocoat
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 11:22:20 PM »
I am using PHU but prefer the cryocoat, i feel it reclaims MUCH easier.  But I didnt feel comfortable buying it during the winter, and our local Saati rep matched our pricing for PHu to the cryocoat.  PHU is defintely thicker so we thin it with 5oz of water per gallon.  Coats much easier and easier to reclaim as well.

I post expose and have printed over 1500 DC prints with just a two minute post expose on the LED and nothing else.  Danny how much Diazo is your shop adding per gallon?  I wouldnt mind getting away from post exposing if possible.  Now that it is warmer I will be switching back to cryocoat.