Author Topic: Registration system for Anatol Volt  (Read 2285 times)

Offline INKedApparel

Registration system for Anatol Volt
« on: April 27, 2017, 06:10:33 PM »
Hey Everyone,

First time poster, but I have definitely been lurking and learning a lot of information  from the tremendous amount of knowledge throughout this forum.

I run a very small shop and feel that I take and spend too much time getting my registration completed. A 3 color job may take about 10-15 minutes, while a 6 color may take all of 25-40 minutes ( taping to production time). Being self taught and never having the opportunity to work in a shop, standard practices have been learned from youtube and forums.

Are they any registration systems out that will work with the Anatol Volt ? Maybe something similar to the M&R tri loc or Roq's system. Thanks for any advice and input you can lend.

Kevin
INKed Signs and Apparel

inkedsigns.com
https://www.instagram.com/inked_signs_apparel/

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Registration system for Anatol Volt
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 09:26:14 PM »
Hey Everyone,

First time poster, but I have definitely been lurking and learning a lot of information  from the tremendous amount of knowledge throughout this forum.

I run a very small shop and feel that I take and spend too much time getting my registration completed. A 3 color job may take about 10-15 minutes, while a 6 color may take all of 25-40 minutes ( taping to production time). Being self taught and never having the opportunity to work in a shop, standard practices have been learned from youtube and forums.

Are they any registration systems out that will work with the Anatol Volt ? Maybe something similar to the M&R tri loc or Roq's system. Thanks for any advice and input you can lend.

What style pallets (slide or clip ins), what size screens?

Kevin
INKed Signs and Apparel

inkedsigns.com
https://www.instagram.com/inked_signs_apparel/

Offline numbercruncher

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 09:18:28 AM »
kevin, it was great to speak with you about speeding up registration  - stay in touch and glad you're enjoying your Anatol Volt
Michael Jirasek
Anatol...mj@anatol.com
847-582-1694
Michael Jirasek
Independent Consultant
708-227-5084
jirs23m@hotmail.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 09:44:11 AM »
kevin, it was great to speak with you about speeding up registration  - stay in touch and glad you're enjoying your Anatol Volt
Michael Jirasek
Anatol...mj@anatol.com
847-582-1694

All right Michael it's time for Anatol to release a nice pre-rig system to replace my DIY one which is not to bad,  I will say I've had our press going on 9 years now and it still holds perfect registration once dial in, I'd like to be faster on setting up ;D
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Biverson

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 08:37:55 PM »
I'm getting a Volt and was just at DAX Chicago. Anatol Rep said M&R makes a trilock so that is fitted for the Volt, unless I heard wrong? I saw M&R use the trilock on I believe a 4 color sim process and it hit the mark everytime - do on dot. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Brett - Pioneer Print Co.
www.idoshirts.com

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 08:59:01 PM »
I think if you have the slide style pallets the triloc will fit on the volt. You can also get a vastex VRS sized for the press as well.

Offline Biverson

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 12:08:38 PM »
I think if you have the slide style pallets the triloc will fit on the volt. You can also get a vastex VRS sized for the press as well.

I'll probably end up going with this. $1800 is hard to swallow but when I think of the time I'll save should he worth it. Took me an hour to dial in the last color on a 3 color job. Albeit, it was my first time using the micro system and I didn't have any prepress system in place. Felt stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
www.idoshirts.com

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 05:00:03 PM »

I'll probably end up going with this. $1800 is hard to swallow but when I think of the time I'll save should he worth it. Took me an hour to dial in the last color on a 3 color job. Albeit, it was my first time using the micro system and I didn't have any prepress system in place. Felt stupid.

I still don't have a system in place and I loath setting up anything over 2 colors on the auto right now. Takes wayyy too long with the way I'm doing it.

Offline Biverson

Registration system for Anatol Volt
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 08:54:02 PM »
I wanted to update this thread. I ended up getting the VRS and at this point regretting the purchase. I ordered it and only got half of the parts. Called Vastex and they said they'd ship it out ASAP and it took about 3 days for them to ship it. Once I got it there wasn't any instructions. Went to download them on the site and they didn't have the instructions for how to set it up for Newmans. I called time if I could get one emailed and the guy (Mark I think) said it was on the website. I told him I downloaded it off of there and it didn't have any instructions for the Newmans. He assured me it does - it doesn't. I just checked again now too. The stand doesn't have any sort of tightening bolt so it swivels all the time. Also, you have to place the pieces that the carrier sheets fit onto on the registration board. When I have them exactly as they're supposed to be the carrier sheets bulge together and don't lay flat. I had to move it over which isn't a big deal, but either their carrier sheets are off or guides for where to put the pieces are. Not reassuring when were talking about registering sim process jobs and such. The biggest flaw is sticking the carrier sheet to the back of the screen without it moving. I've tried double sided tape, but that's a pain to pull off the carrier sheet and really sticks to my films. Tape on the edges of the carrier sheet works but then you'll have some give in the center where the film is. I don't really use it anymore as a whole. I just use the stand as it does make putting films on the Newmans a little easier. The biggest factor for when I upgrade to a bigger auto will be registration. If Anatol doesn't have something in place better than the VRS option I won't be going red. Love the equipment so far, and it holds registration will when in place, but really will need a reg system for quicker setups.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:57:27 PM by Biverson »
www.idoshirts.com

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 07:25:15 AM »
If you have the slide style pallets why not go with a triloc? I'm pretty sure they're compatible on the volt. I picked a used one up for my Freedom and now that  I have it dialed in, it saves me a ton of time.

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 12:28:50 PM »
Getting to know your equipment is the key, it takes time, practice and patience.
Good tension screens helps.
Even with a registration system, you still got to use the micros.

Just my 2 cents