Author Topic: My New Job  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
My New Job
« on: April 29, 2017, 02:11:21 PM »
After 17 years with my previous employer I was laid off of work back on April 4th. On April 18th I accepted an offer from Hole in the Roof Marketing in Waco, Texas to become screenprint production manager. Loving my new job and I feel renewed. I am thrilled to be sharing my many years of knowledge and experience.  This company prints tons of basic low color count spot color. I am looking forward to leading them into the realm of sim process, WB/DC, and specialty ink printing.

We are running all M&R. i Image CTS, Starlight LED exposure, 3 Sportsman EX (1-6 color, 2-10 color), 1-6 color Kruzer, 1-Sprint 3000 and 1-Sprint 2000 (which will be replaced by a 3000 triple belt in the very near future, waiting on shipment).
Dale Hoyal

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: My New Job
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 02:36:08 PM »
Awesome! Right on. All forward never backwards.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 06:46:38 PM »
Congrats on the fast action. I'm bewildered at the layoff, but I know odd people are in charge of those decisions sometimes. Been there myself as you know.  Good luck and tear it up!
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 06:21:08 PM »
Congrats! Right in our back yard (kinda sorta)
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 11:47:52 PM »
17 years!!!! they should have to give you a reason, wow, but hey good luck with the new job
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Orion

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 10:10:18 PM »
Thanks guys!

Yes Eric, I guess in this state it is kind of the backyard. Previous job was in Killeen. I failed to mention we have a 2 color rapid tag, are you guys still running one?

Dale Hoyal

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 10:53:06 PM »
Thanks guys!

Yes Eric, I guess in this state it is kind of the backyard. Previous job was in Killeen. I failed to mention we have a 2 color rapid tag, are you guys still running one?

We are for now, but i'm not sure for how much longer. We just started doing some HSA prints on them, and they came out pretty good, but we might be switching it up soon.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Orion

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 09:59:52 PM »
Sprint 3000 triple belt up and running. With the mix of poly, blends and cotton we run on 3 presses feeding this bad boy, curing issues should be.... a non issue. I have done without running gas dryers for about 18 years, my mind is at ease, there should be no more worrying about proper cure.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:07:32 PM by Orion »
Dale Hoyal

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 11:23:00 PM »
Nice! That thing is clearly made for some serious production.
...Just curious: what's the width of each belt?

Nice guys laugh last.

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 11:34:33 PM »
Wow, that's crazy! I've heard of a split belt, but this is another level. I'm not sure how it would be possible, but can each belt run at a different speed?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 01:18:04 AM »
Dang.  Truly impressed with how little space is wasted between belts. I'm jealous.  Scheduling low cure performance inks with wb/hsa and dc especially is a major pain with three presses. . This looks like a major solution.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 06:46:50 AM »
Sprint 3000 triple belt up and running. With the mix of poly, blends and cotton we run on 3 presses feeding this bad boy, curing issues should be.... a non issue. I have done without running gas dryers for about 18 years, my mind is at ease, there should be no more worrying about proper cure.

From the photo this looks like this dryer incorporates the new M&R belt tracking system for no walking, NICE.
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Orion

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2017, 09:32:14 AM »
The patriot belts are 24" and able to run at different speeds The patriot belt has a silcone strip that tracks in grooves on the roller. More cutting edge technology that printers have come to expect from The Blue Team.
Dale Hoyal