Author Topic: Diazo Emulsion  (Read 3442 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Diazo Emulsion
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 07:07:07 PM »

Frog:  Glad you are still kicking after using Bichromate sensitizer.  For those that are unaware this is one serious cancer causing sensitizer that should never be used.  There are a few parts of the world who still use it and it can kill all aquatic life in a stream for years for miles downstream. 

Al

Next thing you're going to tell me that back in '63, we were supposed to know that we shouldn't clean polyester resin off of our skin with acetone.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 07:08:52 PM »
I was always under the impression that diazo emulsions were more difficult to reclaim due to their water resistance. I would not say I am having issues with reclaiming, I would say that it takes longer to reclaim than the Ulano Orange that I tried and also the Xenon diazo emulsion that I tried, those two emulsion just melted off the screen. The SP1400 takes a little more elbow grease with the pressure washer to get it done. I could use an upgrade at pressure washer as I use a cheap Lowes job.

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 07:34:55 PM »
Yeah how did we survive those inks and then use MEK, Acetone, Butyl cellosolve or some exotic vinyl ink wash. I used to print the hang tags for our line of clothing with incredibly strong aromatic vinyl inks by hand on large screens.  Late night hand printing away with the vinyl inks and the next thing I know I'm looking at the ceiling and the ink is totally dry in the screen. Or those Colonial tex-dyes that were pure Xylene.  We are the Darwinian gene pool that survived those years!
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2017, 07:36:59 PM »
Prosper-tees PM me so I can get you a sample of Emulsion Remover that you can adjust to get the concentration that works  to remove SP-1400. 

Al
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2017, 09:20:09 AM »

Frog:  Glad you are still kicking after using Bichromate sensitizer.  For those that are unaware this is one serious cancer causing sensitizer that should never be used.  There are a few parts of the world who still use it and it can kill all aquatic life in a stream for years for miles downstream. 

Al

Next thing you're going to tell me that back in '63, we were supposed to know that we shouldn't clean polyester resin off of our skin with acetone.

That list of chems, along with the bichromate and lets not forget the carbon rod arc exposure! A toxic cocktail for sure. Surprising that you print pioneers did not end up like this poor guy.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 09:38:15 AM by Orion »
Dale Hoyal

Offline Crazy Mike

• !!!
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2017, 09:37:39 AM »
So the monsters we see in the movies are really old screen printers?