Author Topic: Sophisticated Phishing attack making the rounds.  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
Sophisticated Phishing attack making the rounds.
« on: May 03, 2017, 05:13:38 PM »
There is a very convincing phishing attack making its way through the internet today. Be on the lookout!

We got bit by this today and it spammed 500+ contacts that I have. I don't use gmail for work very often, but it is linked to an old email l and It took over my account nonetheless and spammed everyone with this hack.

You'll get an email from a trusted source containing a link to a google doc. The linked page appears to be coming from google, once clicked they have access to your google account and they can do who knows what..... received 5 calls, 10 texts and about 30 emails from from people who bit on my email link. Changed my passwords, so hopefully the damage is isolated.

I now have digital herpes. Fantastic.

Its been out just long enough for someone to write an article.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/google-phishing-emails-attack-gmail-scam-link-doc-invitation-hack-a7716581.html

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
Re: Sophisticated Phishing attack making the rounds.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 10:05:36 PM »
We received 4 of these today.  LUCKILY, no one opened them.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 11:04:10 AM »
thanx for the heads up!!!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 12:05:14 PM »
Boy am I glad that I don't even know what a "Google Doc" is! Are they unique to gmail?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?