Author Topic: Recommendation for Dye Sub Printers  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Recommendation for Dye Sub Printers
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2017, 02:01:34 PM »
Maybe a stupid question but why do you need a rip for dye sub printing?
We print with a Epson T3270 directly from Corel to the printer, the ink supplier gave me a color profile.
I had a problem with the ink not being dry when it was cut and the paper with not fully dry ink falling on paper caused problems, I now don't cut and this gives the paper time to dry.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline TCred

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 04:44:16 PM »
It's horses for courses I reckon. Sure you can print directly from art creation software and it's easy quick and simple, but what you gain in ease and simplicity you loose in control of the print.

We have multiple profiles in the RIP for fabric and image types. For example we spent hours tweaking one to get really good black and white photo reproduction so we could service the professional photographer with printed cushions and other textile products that they sell to their clients.

Without a RIP we could never have the control to produce the prints.

Offline kalisana

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 06:42:43 AM »
You are very right.
RIP and work-flow are equally important to the printer functioning. The RIP software you use is just as important as having a good printer? The printer is only doing what it is told by the software itself. Things like print quality, color match, color vibrancy and white base generation are all controlled by the RIP. There are some major factors to look at when you are shopping for a printer or just the printer software. Even when some companies use the same RIP software, there can be major differences in how the software is programmed to work. Here are five top reasons why a good RIP is important http://www.omniprintonline.com/blog/top-5-reasons-good-rip-important/