Author Topic: Graphic Tracer  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Graphic Tracer
« on: May 16, 2017, 01:25:52 PM »
a while ago I replied to an ad for Graphic Tracer, a tracing and font recognition program; I tried to buy it, but though they advertised it, the Mac version was not ready yet, in fact, still is not. I do have the one pc in the shop (shipping dept) and thought maybe I'd try it on that, but I'd like to ask if anyone here has tried it, or uses it regularly, and your thought on it. Thanks in advance.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Graphic Tracer
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 07:14:05 PM »
I kind of like this program, would love to buy it but I see it's only subscription only, still might look into it 8)
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline SteveB

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 01:07:43 AM »
I contributed in the development of the program and used the predecessors to Graphic Tracer in my shop since mid 1990's.
I currently use Graphic Tracer regularly and would be happy to answer any questions you might have. 
A free "beta version" for Mac should be available soon.  I know the subscription version for Mac is scheduled for release in October.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 10:24:29 AM »
I contributed in the development of the program and used the predecessors to Graphic Tracer in my shop since mid 1990's.
I currently use Graphic Tracer regularly and would be happy to answer any questions you might have. 
A free "beta version" for Mac should be available soon.  I know the subscription version for Mac is scheduled for release in October.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye open. We also tried Imagaro, the predecessor, but never really dug into it. Anything that helps speed up the work, and traces better than Illustrator, which is not that bad compared to the olden days of tracing, is helpful.
I did originally try to download in October 2016, still waiting. Ignition Drawing has been getting the work when needed...

Steve
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:48:22 AM by Sbrem »
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't