Author Topic: matsui white discharge  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Stinkhorn Press

• !!!
matsui white discharge
« on: May 19, 2017, 09:48:53 AM »
We run maybe 1 discharge run a month. We've been on the Matsui system for years, fairly comfortable with it.

We have done very little pure white discharge, and it's been a long time AND I've read some things on here that many people DON'T use the proscribed mix to get a good white.

What is you discharge white formulation?

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: matsui white discharge
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 11:52:34 AM »
Add penetrant, maybe open time extender and drive it into the garment.

Done.

Not all whites are created equal.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Maff

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 12:49:29 PM »
We use Matsui Super 75, which is a premix of 75% white discharge and 25% clear discharge base. We add 5% retarder and usually at most 6% activator depending on the shirt color. We cure for 3min.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 01:04:14 PM »
Depends on the White.  CCI D-White we drop in penetrant, softener.  Rutland's White Plus needs nothing.   

We use retarder here in all wb/dc/hsa inks due to the climate and the firepower we have in the dryer but that's situational.

Offline woodrow

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 09:47:36 AM »
We've used Matsui's Super 75 and HM discharge whites...Super 75 is not a good white for under basing and it may be because I didn't mix it with discharge base. Top colors washed off! It does an excellent job as a 2ND white...The HM discharge white at 70% and bright discharge base at 30% did a nice job even on a direct dye garment which I was surprised and happy that it worked out...It's a little thin but if your doing some finer 1/2 tones it does get good penetration into the garment without locking up. Under base printed with 160 on this job as well...

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 09:51:42 AM »
Guess it bears repeating that pure DC whites out of the bucket are not intended to be used as underbases. High solids=poor adhesion.  Long ago a few creative thinkers came up with a DC base to white ratio formula that works. Some ink manufacturers caught on and make/market a DC/UB ink but either make it yourself or buy it thats the way to go