Author Topic: printing inside of t-shirt  (Read 1147 times)

Offline rmonks

• !!!
printing inside of t-shirt
« on: May 23, 2017, 11:46:15 AM »
I have a customer who wants a t-shirt with printing on the inside at the bottom of the shirt. What they have in mind is having a saying on the outside of the shirt that says quote: Ask me about my Mascott End Quote: And when someone ask them Quote: What about your Mascott End Quote: They raise their shirt and show there school mascot which is printed on the inside of the shirt. I would think print with light pressure to avoid pushing ink through the shirt. It is printing on Dark Heather, Black ink, so should be fairly easy. Correct?

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: printing inside of t-shirt
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 11:54:43 AM »
I did this for my kids, it said "Ask me about my T-Rex"...and I had a picture of a T rex inside, easy to do...no problems at all..
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline AAMike

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 11:57:23 AM »
I have done it on thick cotton shirts. I had to print it so they could flip the inside of the shirt over their face and art, mascot head, would be like a mask.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 12:40:07 PM »
Yea, works best on thicker garments.

Fashion garments its realllly easy to apply to much pressure.

Possibly, put down a clear base to keep ink from going through the shirt for thinner garments.

Also, maybe a plastisol transfer.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 01:49:36 PM »
Weve done it with a transfer successfully, but also as Colin said, by applying a clear base.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 03:32:44 PM »
Reminds me of the inverted print program where we turned the garments inside out, invert the graphic, and purposely drive the image through the garment where it would show up as a ghost when the shirt was turned back rightside. Pretty damn popular

Offline robbygray

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 06:26:42 AM »
Here at Pensacola screen printing we have passion for creating state-of-the-art digital projectshttp://850screenprinting.com/