Author Topic: Etching Press..Finally!  (Read 1557 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Etching Press..Finally!
« on: May 31, 2017, 02:43:04 PM »
Took 2 months but my intaglio/monotype/collograph press finally shipped yesterday

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Etching Press..Finally!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 02:45:45 PM »
The what choo say came in?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 03:01:52 PM »
This

Offline broadway

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 03:23:28 PM »
What is the planetary reduction drive gear ratio on that? Did you get the optional micrometer gauge?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 03:55:38 PM »
Its direct drive no micrometers. Its mainly for monotype and low relief collograph work not etchings but perhaps drypoint work. Just need a real sturdy press (25 yr warranty) Tom Conrad builds some of the best presses out there but you have to get in line

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 07:06:54 PM »
Update....While on vacation came across a letterpress setup. all the letters and antique drawer with all the letters/fonts sizes. No press but my new intaglio should handle it. How fun

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 07:52:04 PM »
Update....While on vacation came across a letterpress setup. all the letters and antique drawer with all the letters/fonts sizes. No press but my new intaglio should handle it. How fun

Do you know the layout of the California Job Case? I actually hand set type for thermograph cards in another life.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 08:03:10 PM »
Its direct drive no micrometers. Its mainly for monotype and low relief collograph work not etchings but perhaps drypoint work. Just need a real sturdy press (25 yr warranty) Tom Conrad builds some of the best presses out there but you have to get in line

Gotta ask:  Do you have something against etchings?

Was a pretty big fan of aquatints back when I had access to something resembling that.  :)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 10:27:48 AM »
Not at all. Solar print tech has made things more eco friendly. Back at Printmaking School we used the copper/zinc/acid technique which was not so much. Not really trying to accurately reproduce anything. Just pure fun.