Author Topic: COREL DRAW - CREATING AND PRINTING HALFTONE SPOT COLORS  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
COREL DRAW - CREATING AND PRINTING HALFTONE SPOT COLORS
« on: June 01, 2017, 02:54:42 PM »
I provided a customer a pdf file created in Illy, with spot colors and spot halftones.

He showed me that the solid spot colors showed up, but the halftone areas did not. I think he was printing the vector seps out of Quickseps or some other sep program. So not sure how that worked out. I don't think he even needed to print to film by going thu one of those sep programs.

I had several low percentages of colors overtop one another that were to blend to create a grey.  They didn't come out on his seps so I wanted to see if there is some method you must do first to assure the seps to print out with halftone dots.
I send him another pdf file and assigned those halftone areas to multiply but no go.

Who's our resident halftone Corel user?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: COREL DRAW - CREATING AND PRINTING HALFTONE SPOT COLORS
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 03:00:22 PM »
I don't know if Quickseps also is a RIP. That may be why he used it.
Otherwise, I'd first check to see how they output (or at least display in the print window directly from CorelDRAW (though the lip will be far too high to use)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 03:32:39 PM »
I don't know about the preview, but he could see the grey in the corel file when opened. Just didn't come out in the seps or in the separation program windows preview.   I think he is miss using the sep program thinking that is what he needs to run everything thru.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Squeegie

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 03:41:46 PM »
Dan, I would be glad to look at the file on my system and see where the issue may be.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 05:54:01 PM »
I don't use CD, but I always print paper seps out of a laser printer before I commit to film...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline cyw

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 06:14:48 PM »
Corel doesn't hold that print info......you need to send him a .ps or .prn file. He can print (see) the halftones through Ghostscript or merely by selecting the generic independent ps driver that Corel provides in their print options.
It's how I always used to send my halftone seps to screeners.......works like a charm. No issues that I can remember. 

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 09:33:48 PM »
what is he printing it out with printer and rip if any. also which cd version. you can send to me i have x7.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk