Author Topic: New Murakami Emulsions  (Read 2752 times)

Offline ABuffington

New Murakami Emulsions
« on: June 07, 2017, 06:53:44 PM »
Some on the forum have already tried our newest pure photopolymer, Murakami T9.  It requires no hardeners, excellent durability and resolution, and offers really easy reclaiming and can print water base, discharge, high solid acrylics and of course plastisol.  Exposes well on LED systems as well as conventional metal halide. You can coat 1:1 sharp or 1:2 sharp edge for easy to use screens. 

The second emulsion is Photocure WSR.  This is a high resolution dual cure.  Great for sim process and like T9 it needs no hardeners to print all inks and reclaims easily.  Give it a try, if you love screenprinting, this emulsion is destined to be a favorite.

Al
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: New Murakami Emulsions
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 07:25:54 PM »
Al, we use the T9 with diazo right now - really enjoy the emulsion.  Starlight expo unit and iImage.

We currently have fantastic detail hold, shooting 60lpi on a 225s (murakami mesh) down to a 2-4% dot.

What resolution improvements will I see with the WSR?

Is the solids content the same?

Exposure time difference?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 07:30:16 PM »
Hello Colin, since you use a starlight (the T9 was designed with LED in mind) I would stick with T9.  Adding the diazo improved resolution a little and from the sounds of the tonals you can hold there wouldn't be much improvement.  WSR acts more like a dual cure in handling, coating and development.  So if your screen room likes to see the emulsion just melt out and very fine details, it can be a bit easier to use.   T9 is a pure photopolymer so like most PP it needs pressure washer development, but it sounds like you have dialed T9 in real well.

Al
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline canucklehead

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 10:21:48 AM »
We use HV Aquasol on smesh for very long runs and repeat jobs for discharge. Very high resolution index seps. No hardener just good exposure with metal halide. Works like charm. Love all murakami products.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 10:54:46 AM »
Whats the closest place to Denver that I can get a couple gallons of WSR to try out?

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 11:54:15 AM »
We are about to start stocking this one.  I have a bunch of gallons of it on the way here now.  We are a 1-2 day ship to Denver.  Ships same day when placed before 4:00.
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline marinestearns

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 07:58:06 PM »
I am a new hobbyist to silk screen. I have a 500 watt halogen light for exposure.
The chart I was given and downloaded suggests 5000k watt.
 I just purchased the Murakami WSR emulsion product. I asked for exposure times for what set up I have and could not get an answer. Please, Help!!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 08:15:38 PM »
I am a new hobbyist to silk screen. I have a 500 watt halogen light for exposure.
The chart I was given and downloaded suggests 5000k watt.
 I just purchased the Murakami WSR emulsion product. I asked for exposure times for what set up I have and could not get an answer. Please, Help!!!

First off, welcome. We encourage newbies, and even hobbyists, but be fairly warned, as you are learning, much of the technical info out there is aimed at those doing this at a commercial level.

Your exposure will probably be at least ten times as long as the times given for the 5000 watt.
However, even if you were given a number by the manufacturer, it is still only a starting point for a step wedge test to dial it in.
Try a search for step wedge or the Murakami website has the instructions. This way, you will see the results of grossly underexposed to grossly overexposed, with a sweet spot somewhere between.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 08:49:02 PM »
We are about to start stocking this one.  I have a bunch of gallons of it on the way here now.  We are a 1-2 day ship to Denver.  Ships same day when placed before 4:00.

Thanks for posting Kevin. I'll be in touch this week and thank you for last week, much appreciated.

Offline lancasterprinthouse

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 09:57:36 AM »
Been hearing a lot about T9 recently. I want to give it a go on my LED. Who is the closest dealer to PA?

Thanks