Author Topic: Anyone tried the new Wilflex Epic Single LC White?  (Read 2726 times)

Offline XG Print

Anyone tried the new Wilflex Epic Single LC White?
« on: June 09, 2017, 08:33:26 AM »
I got an email about this and it is supposedly meant to compete with the One Stroke ELT.  the price is much better.  Anybody tried some yet?  Thoughts?

Offline Prince Art

Re: Anyone tried the new Wilflex Epic Single LC White?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 09:54:23 AM »
Curious here, too. Would love to find something with similar hand, stretch, & low cure temp of ELT-S, but with better opacity.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 08:58:19 PM »
I was told its like 70 bucks a gallon and works great on pigment dyed comfort colors!  so who knows!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Redeemed

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 02:02:45 PM »
Nobody really using this?

Offline AAMike

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 02:24:30 PM »
Just printed black bandannas and it worked really well with one hit. If you flash the bandannas shrink. We are about to try in on 100 poly

Offline Redeemed

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 03:03:32 PM »
Just printed black bandannas and it worked really well with one hit. If you flash the bandannas shrink. We are about to try in on 100 poly

Nice, post results on 100 poly, thanks.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 03:14:13 PM »
It's good, not great, but good.  I will say it's very susceptible to temp swings, ours hardened in the bucket, which I have had OneStroke's 357 do as well.

The single hit coverage isn't as good as ELT or 357, but the bleed resistance is very similar from our tests.  PFP is fantastic.

After testing it we decided to stay with OneStroke.  I've also had a complaint about Wilflex inks recently and to be honest I'm not happy with how they handled it.  I have to be honest, I don't like the Epic formulas.  They aren't the inks that Genesis was.  They are closer to the old MP series.  It's like they are afraid to fully load them with pigment.

I dunno, maybe it's just me.

Offline Croft

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 03:20:46 PM »
It's good, not great, but good.  I will say it's very susceptible to temp swings, ours hardened in the bucket, which I have had OneStroke's 357 do as well.

The single hit coverage isn't as good as ELT or 357, but the bleed resistance is very similar from our tests.  PFP is fantastic.

After testing it we decided to stay with OneStroke.  I've also had a complaint about Wilflex inks recently and to be honest I'm not happy with how they handled it.  I have to be honest, I don't like the Epic formulas.  They aren't the inks that Genesis was.  They are closer to the old MP series.  It's like they are afraid to fully load them with pigment.

have had the same problem getting epic colours as rich as the Genisis,

Offline AAMike

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 06:20:34 PM »
It worked good on the poly. Sort of an Under Amour poly PFP. Cure at 280 with the firefly no bleeding. The shirt was navy. The ink is creamy and the print was smooth. The ELT I have used in the past was thick as if it had blowing agent. This stayed thin. The brown firefly is good at hitting the precise temp to cure this or anything we print these days. It is a must for low temp inks and poly.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 06:24:14 PM »
We got a bucket of the Epic Performance LC White and so far big thumbs up.  Made for a gorgeous UB on the run we sampled it on with a much better hand than expected considering the garment it went on.

Regarding Epic PCs- we rarely use the PC loading percentage out of the IMS.  99% of our mixes start with Amazing Base and maximum pig load of PCs.   These mixes run on the majority of jobs and colors is very rich.  We do need a lower pig load once in awhile and will simply mix at max PC load and base back with the Amazing Base.  If you use the "book" formulae you get way light inks from the Epic PC system.   We have never had classic phthalate inks in the shop so I can't comment on the difference between the Epic inks and what they had before but it's performed well for us for years now.  The Amazing Base is what really made it click for standard plastisol printing.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 08:50:53 PM »

Tell me about it. I get that hardening in the bucket even with Wilflex Sprint White.

Offline Redeemed

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 02:43:30 AM »
It worked good on the poly. Sort of an Under Amour poly PFP. Cure at 280 with the firefly no bleeding. The shirt was navy. The ink is creamy and the print was smooth. The ELT I have used in the past was thick as if it had blowing agent. This stayed thin. The brown firefly is good at hitting the precise temp to cure this or anything we print these days. It is a must for low temp inks and poly.

Good info, thanks.