Author Topic: Firefly from Brown  (Read 1106 times)

Offline AAMike

Firefly from Brown
« on: June 10, 2017, 01:16:50 PM »
We have 3 new fireflies installed. Each with two chambers and 3 belts. Getting the settings dialed in for our different fabrics and inks. So far so good. Steve came by this week and gave me a lot more insight in fine tuning the settings. He is also going to come back when we have all the autos installed hitting full production. I like what I see and no longer fear that it won't do what we need it to do. It's quite the opposite. I see more things we can do than I imagined. The first day they were installed I printed poly white on a black poly shirt, layed it down thick as I had no flash and ran it through. It cured with no bleed. This is promising. And they are quiet. The hum is gone.

Offline zanegun08

Re: Firefly from Brown
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 01:59:45 PM »
How does it work as far as changing settings on the fly.

Is it possible to put one cotton garment down, hit a button, and then put one polyester and it changes for each on the fly as they are quartz lights?

I see they may have laser sensors at loading.  We have 5 manual presses feeding one dryer, so printing poly / discharge / sweatshirts / backpacks all at the same time can often happen.

I'd love if this dryer could change on the fly and when someone loads an item and crosses the laser trip wire, it changes settings for that garment based on their need.

I know I should just ask brown, but thought I'd start here.

Offline AAMike

Re: Firefly from Brown
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 02:05:13 PM »
With the triple belt, we wont need to send different garments down the same belt. But, with the scanning gun and barcodes you can do that but I think it is geared for direct to garment printing. As to say, you wouldn't want to feed two presses to the same belt and scanning the barcode every time you drop a garment.