Author Topic: Recommendations for Wilflex White?  (Read 4708 times)

Offline TH Apparel

• Verified/Junior
Re: Recommendations for Wilflex White?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 07:20:45 AM »
we use sprint white for our everyday printing.
the newer bright tiger for tri blends.
polywhite for hoodies, and certain other crap items.  We have to use a roller on the polywhite or it always feels rough.
performance white for anything that we feel is going to be a bleeder.

We also use one stroke white for certain items also(with their black ub on sublimated goods)

I feel like that's too many whites.

What's the opacity & hand like when using Epic Birght Tiger on triblends? And what meshes & print procedure are you typically running? We're always trying to keep those as soft as possible - people were happy with "vintage' style prints on triblend for years, but recently the trend has been opaque. (Especially with gyms, but others too.)

It's not too bad.  We use a 125 mesh.  we've tried using regular poly, but it's too rough(even with a roller screen).  We do adjust our dryer temp/speed a little bit to make up for any bleeding issues, and still avoid hot stacking.  Bright tiger seems to be working out pretty well though. 

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 07:55:24 AM »
For us we use Epic Quick white and Top Score here.  Epic quick is like printing with warm butter in the summer and not too bad in the winter.  Great opacity also.  On a side note, I wasn't aware that the epic quick cured at 300, I always assumed at 320.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline XG Print

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 09:31:38 AM »
Alright, Quick is on the way, along with a quart of Single LC to try out. Thanks for all the input!

Keep us up to date on how the single LC works out.  I am very curious as the price of this ink is well below the One Stroke ELT.  Thanks

Offline Northland

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 10:00:03 AM »
Alright, Quick is on the way, along with a quart of Single LC to try out. Thanks for all the input!
I've had good results with Wilflex Quick:
Stir the ink before using, store it below 90 degrees and print thru an S-mesh.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2017, 09:52:41 AM »
We are on our first 5-er of the Single LC. We do have some minor issues with it drying in the screen when the pallets heat up as you get deeper into a long run (and the ink levels get low). It also seems to print a little rough for us.

We like the low cure temp and the ability to use on cotton and 50/50 with no ghosting issues but opacity and dye blocking, at first glance, are a little less than we would like. The more heat the more it tends to puff as well.

We are still testing this stuff and have some tweaking to do. We'll know more as we get closer to the bottom of the bucket.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2017, 12:04:19 AM »
We are on our first 5-er of the Single LC. We do have some minor issues with it drying in the screen when the pallets heat up as you get deeper into a long run (and the ink levels get low). It also seems to print a little rough for us.

Side observation: The ELT stuff from One Stroke has some odd drying properties, as well. It will dry on the screen more than normal ink (I've seen it especially with black) - not simply in the mesh, but on coated areas especially. Harder to reclaim manually, too, particularly if it's had time to sit around. ELT-S was never rough, though. Opacity has been my biggest issue with it.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline pcshone

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 04:47:02 AM »
Researched this stuff a bunch yesterday - it turns out that the majority of Epic inks cure at 300, with a few like Performance curing at 290. In fact, Warrior LB is the only one I saw that cures at 320. (I did not look at cotton-only inks, however.) If you do a lot of finicky fashion blends like we do, you might want to check the specs on your ink - you might be able to get away with less heat. And less heat= fewer problems for a lot of what we do.

Now, questions:
For those who have used them, how would you rate Performance? And Epic Bright Tiger? (Not Classic B.T.) Compared to Quick, what should we expect in terms of ink viscosity & final hand?
Epic Bright Tiger is a great product - easy to use, real nice handle and multipurpose base/highlight 100% cotton, cotton/ poly blends and some synthetics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Philip Collins-Shone
Area Sales Manager, EMEA, Specialty Inks and Polymer Systems
+44 (0) 775 852 349
Philip.collins-shone@PolyOne.com

Offline pcshone

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 04:50:25 AM »
Researched this stuff a bunch yesterday - it turns out that the majority of Epic inks cure at 300, with a few like Performance curing at 290. In fact, Warrior LB is the only one I saw that cures at 320. (I did not look at cotton-only inks, however.) If you do a lot of finicky fashion blends like we do, you might want to check the specs on your ink - you might be able to get away with less heat. And less heat= fewer problems for a lot of what we do.

Now, questions:
For those who have used them, how would you rate Performance? And Epic Bright Tiger? (Not Classic B.T.) Compared to Quick, what should we expect in terms of ink viscosity & final hand?
Epic Bright Tiger is a great product - easy to use, real nice handle and multipurpose base/highlight 100% cotton, cotton/ poly blends and some synthetics

We ran trials of Epic Bright Tiger at our UK distributor application lab and all the sellers/ technicians picked Epic Bright Tiger over the Quick and the Quick is a good product.

Epic Performance is engineered for a whole different substrate type - mainly athletic wear

Philip Collins-Shone
Area Sales Manager, EMEA, Specialty Inks and Polymer Systems
+44 (0) 775 852 349
Philip.collins-shone@PolyOne.com

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 05:29:24 PM »
Thanks for the info. We're on our first five-gallon of Quick now. Results have been good. I plan to bring in some Bright Tiger in the future for comparison.
Nice guys laugh last.