Author Topic: Anyone see this?  (Read 2136 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Anyone see this?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 08:06:26 AM »
I have now... I feel that all of us need to be "the place to go" in our respective markets and areas, so that customers come to you or me because they trust us, and a few cents saved with Vistaprint or the like doesn't matter. For the customers that shop on price alone and not on the value we can give them, we aren't going to get them. There are a lot of us doing what we do, so each of us need to carve out a niche and reputation... but the free graphic design part, wtf? Art is supposed to be free now? Hey artists, FU?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline tse1990

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 08:41:55 AM »
"...There are a lot of us doing what we do, so each of us need to carve out a niche and reputation... but the free graphic design part, wtf? Art is supposed to be free now? Hey artists, FU?

Steve

How in depth is their graphic design process? I thought you could just choose from stock backgrounds, add stock embellishments, and text? Same as customink.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 08:53:24 AM »
"...There are a lot of us doing what we do, so each of us need to carve out a niche and reputation... but the free graphic design part, wtf? Art is supposed to be free now? Hey artists, FU?

Steve

How in depth is their graphic design process? I thought you could just choose from stock backgrounds, add stock embellishments, and text? Same as customink.

Both Custom Ink and Vista Print will do fully custom designs if you can not or will not use their online tools....

Offline Stinkhorn Press

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 09:01:43 AM »
isn't all "free graphic design" the same as "free shipping"?
for the company providing it, it still costs money- it's just rolled into the price, hopefully (for them) in an unnoticeable manner. I'm not clear on the complaint here?

Online Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 09:18:30 AM »
I have now... I feel that all of us need to be "the place to go" in our respective markets and areas, so that customers come to you or me because they trust us, and a few cents saved with Vistaprint or the like doesn't matter. For the customers that shop on price alone and not on the value we can give them, we aren't going to get them. There are a lot of us doing what we do, so each of us need to carve out a niche and reputation... but the free graphic design part, wtf? Art is supposed to be free now? Hey artists, FU?

Steve
I couldn't agree more.  We have several clients that use us from other towns that have several printers in them because we make sure they are happy.  Then there are those price based shoppers that will leave you over a couple of cents difference.  If I went out of business solely because a vista print or custom ink brick and mortar set up operation here, I would be upset but not devasted.  On the other hand, if I went out of business because of my lack of effort or sloppy work, I would never get over that.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 10:57:16 AM »
We've got customers that are moving away from the online printers because of problems.  Custom ink's quality can be very spotty.  I've seen some terrible shirts with their print in the neck.  Not to mention they are not the cheapest.

As for VistaPrint, their cards suck.  There are better options out there, last I checked their shirt prices are a bit high.  thankfully there isn't a ton that can be done about that, not like ganging print runs like you can in offset.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 11:02:22 AM »
Staples does this too, up to 4 colors! We switched office supply vendors...

Steve

but they will probably all do it.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 11:10:52 AM »
Not to derail, but who do you use?  Quill and Staples are the same company and the Office Depot by us is so old and poorly staffed/stocked I hate shopping there.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 03:14:10 PM »
We went to WB Mason, but I think they may get swallowed up too. It may have been an empty gesture in the end, but it felt good for a few minutes, LOL

Steve

Offline fidelmartin007

• Verified/Junior
  • A Expert Web Developer at Brush Your Ideas
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 07:01:52 AM »

Both Custom Ink and Vista Print will do fully custom designs if you can not or will not use their online tools....

There are several tools available in the market. Do you know the provider of the tool that using by both.
I am a Developer of online shirt design software at Brush Your Ideas https://www.brushyourideas.com

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 10:00:12 PM »

There are several tools available in the market. Do you know the provider of the tool that using by both.

As far as I know Custom Ink built their own software.....Spent in the high 6 figures 12 or so years ago....