Author Topic: Making underbase for distress pattern in using corel  (Read 3317 times)

Offline rmonks

• !!!
Making underbase for distress pattern in using corel
« on: June 14, 2017, 09:04:23 PM »
Does anyone have any tips on how to create an under base for a distress pattern, using corel draw.

Offline tse1990

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
Re: Making underbase for distress pattern in using corel
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 08:46:28 AM »
It depends if its a vector or raster pattern. If raster duplicate the distress on top of itself on the UB. Check your films and see if you can make it work, add more distress to UB if you need more room.

Its funny, we always thought this was the cheaters way to do it but I saw an article in screenprinting magazine that explained the exact process  ;D

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 10:05:03 AM »
Yeah to much underbase will knock out the distress effect, plus I always tell my customers most distress looks suppose to look faded or the worn out, so that kind of knocks out an underbase.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline rmonks

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 01:46:48 PM »
It is vector

Offline tse1990

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 02:29:14 PM »
It is vector

This might be a little out of my depth, but I heard someone say back minus front the vector distress from the UB. It will have a bunch of holes that will stroke.

BUT I imagine this will take up some processing power, make sure you save first if your machine can't handle it.

^^Sorry if this doesn't work, I typically use raster.

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 05:51:43 AM »
If you make the underbase a 40-50% transparency of the top color you get that underbased pop to the top color but hide the base.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 10:53:00 AM »
THere was a discussion about this very same topic (distressed using Corel) just a month ago. Check in the art section.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850