Author Topic: uv filtering window covers  (Read 663 times)

Offline Bearded Lady

• Verified/Junior
uv filtering window covers
« on: June 16, 2017, 12:20:09 PM »
I'm setting up a new screen room/ darkroom and was wondering if anybody has messed around with uv blocking film for windows. The new set up will be in a half sized shipping container.  7.5' x 19.5'.  There's large window that has been installed in the middle of the long dimension. I really like the idea of being able to see into the yard where it sits while I'm working in there.  I've had several screen coating rooms with plenty of fluorescent lights with yellow covers so assume it will work fine but haven't come across a product I was sure about.  I pondered putting some rubylith over the windows but figured it would feel pretty weird to make the room so red.  wondered about a product to cover dome lights or track lighting fixtures as well.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 12:39:06 PM by Bearded Lady »

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: uv filtering window covers
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 12:48:26 PM »
We use welding curtains=indigo blue

Offline Stinkhorn Press

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 12:51:36 PM »
my wife's uncle has a business that is window covers (mostly commercial buildings stuff)
https://www.facebook.com/Sunlyte-Films-Window-Tinting-by-Pat-Trahan-319280281468975/?pnref=lhc

even if he didn't have what you are looking for, could probably tell you your options.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 02:28:30 PM »
we bought uv film filters from uvprocess.com  for our lights in the screen room.  no issues.  i cut to size and then taped it to the inside of the light diffuser.

part number for what i used: F007-011NA

its not meant to cover the bulb because of the heat from the bulb, so it worked perfectly for the drop ceiling light diffuser.