Author Topic: NHL/NBA/MLB/Disney copyright contact  (Read 1314 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
NHL/NBA/MLB/Disney copyright contact
« on: June 16, 2017, 01:31:55 PM »
Anyone have a good contact of anyone that can help report bootleg stuff to NHL, NBA, MLB, NFL and or Disney(thinking maybe some of you got market guys) There is a company or there using our same name selling a ton of bootleg stuff from all those properties. Around Christmas time we were getting multiple calls every day for people looking for their stuff. Apparently the company was not sending all the orders out. That's beside the point, now it's pissing me off because it is happening again. It's taking my people's time to field the calls and try to explain it's not actually us. Then there are some people that still think it's us and get all pissy. With it being as busy as it is now, it is just taking up too much of my people's time!
Anyway trying to contact the company ourselves gets is nowhere, they  just don't care. At this point I'd like to report them and maybe one of those bigger companies will take care of them.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: NHL/NBA/MLB/Disney copyright contact
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 02:01:10 PM »
 post up their contact info, we can make their life hell in about 5 minutes...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 02:19:50 PM »
Wow that is crazy, had a supplier call me the other day and ask if we open another shop in Georgia, the guy that owns the company even has my same name.  The supplier gave me the phone number and address and I found out they are called 3 D only difference from us, we are 3 Deep, makes me wonder when we get strange calls ever now and then, hope you catch them and bust there butts >:(
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 06:41:22 PM »
post up their contact info, we can make their life hell in about 5 minutes...

Not trying to make their life a living hell, but I'd sure like it if they got their sh!t together so my people could work on our orders and not their pissed off customers!

https://twin-city-tee-company.myshopify.com/
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 06:39:22 AM »
Do you have a lawyer? I would send a cease and desist to shopify. That site will be gone in short order.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 09:42:29 AM »
Alex, is your business name trademarked? Even if so, would it stand up that these others with a very similar name are benefiting from the confusion?
I know that fictitious business name searches are only countywide, and these folks in another "twin cities" in another region of the country are merely annoying you with wrong calls and searches from would-be clients.
Their shocking disregard for copyrights on art is another matter entirely. Of course, that is often the nature of these online stores. I'm constantly hearing "but I see these online" when I say that I won't print something.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 10:12:31 AM »
I know of two other companies with our name, fortunately, they are offset shops, so we don't collide, though one would love to buy our url...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 10:03:20 PM »
Thanks for everyone that PM'd and emailed me. Looks like this post got the site owners attention...

I wasn't worked up about them using the same name. It's not trademarked, so they totally can.  It was more them not having contact info on their site and us having to deal with their pissed off customers. The copyright infringement was tacky, but I'm confident at this point that pissed off the people that pay thousands of dollars a year for the right to print those trademarked names more than me....

As far as trademarking our name like some had mentioned, I've tried, and had lawyers try to trademark the name for years. From my understanding "Twin City" is too broad of a term as is "Tees". Put all 3 together and I get a rejection letter. If someone has a dynamite trademark lawyer they want to recommend I'd be all ears!

Thanks again everyone that contacted me!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Alex

www.twincitytees.com