Author Topic: Split Belt Dryer  (Read 661 times)

Offline jupmode

• Verified/Junior
Split Belt Dryer
« on: June 17, 2017, 11:03:02 AM »
We are looking to bring in a new dryer and I'm considering the benefits of a split belt dryer. We currently use three different inks on a regular basis (plastisol, water based, silicone) and print quite a bit of poly and blended garments with low cure inks. We have a new auto on the way in the next month which will make us a two auto, one manual shop. The new dryer would be used for all three presses.

I'm curious what recommendations people have on using a split belt dryer. Would it provide substantial value when running simultaneous jobs with inks or fabrics of different cure temps or times? Additionally, is it a significant advantage to have a belt that synchronizes and can be used as one large belt (like the Sprint 3000) versus belts that are separated by a support running between them. 

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Split Belt Dryer
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 04:23:28 PM »
I have two autos and a manual we hardly use all going through one dryer.
If we print something that needs a shorter or longer drying time we can only work on one machine.
If I was you I would look seriously into a split belt.       Makes a lot of sense.       Just make sure each half is wide enough.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il