Author Topic: Comparison Chart for Kornit Breeze vs Belquette Genesis RG-2  (Read 4644 times)

Offline jonsnow13

I found this on another forum that won't be named, before it was taken down.  I asked Belqette why they took it down, turns out the forum forced them to.  Luckily I saved it.  Was looking at a couple Kornits and Brother GT-381, but after looking at this chart and doing some research the RG-2 is really intriguing.  Anybody have any experience with belquette?  How's their customer service? 

The actual chart was moved to the Product Promotion Section
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 04:54:28 PM by Frog »

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Comparison Chart for Kornit Breeze vs Belquette Genesis RG-2
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 01:19:54 PM »
I was interested in the Belquette machine as well, however they sent me a sample and it was banded very badly. The brother was better. The Mlink was better than the Brother so I ended up there and sold our Brother.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline JeridHill

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 01:29:25 PM »
Can you send me a photo of the banded shirt? This is not something that we would have ever let out the door. Banding can be fixed simply by doing a clean, so if we sent out a banded print, then I would like to confirm it and address it internally.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 01:39:53 PM »
Can you send me a photo of the banded shirt? This is not something that we would have ever let out the door. Banding can be fixed simply by doing a clean, so if we sent out a banded print, then I would like to confirm it and address it internally.

Ill look around next time I get a few minutes but I doubt we still have it. To be fair to you guys it was sent last minute. One of the staff seen I was buying the Brother and overnight-ed me a shirt as I was pulling the trigger the next day. Maybe they just didn't look it over before they sent it or was in a hurry or whatever. It was a good looking print otherwise though. It was a orange truck and the banding was in the orange not in the other design elements.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 02:11:36 PM »
I found this on another forum that won't be named, before it was taken down.  I asked Belqette why they took it down, turns out the forum forced them to.  Luckily I saved it.  Was looking at a couple Kornits and Brother GT-381, but after looking at this chart and doing some research the RG-2 is really intriguing.  Anybody have any experience with belquette?  How's their customer service? 

Don't know which forum you are referring to, but many don't allow any promotional posts (read free advertising). We do, but they are usually limited to the Industry News and Product Promotion section.
That image in the first post kinda' puts this in that category here as well.
This thread will probably receive a slight "massage".
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline JeridHill

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 09:31:05 PM »
Yes if you could do that, it would be appreciated. I don’t know of any orange trucks we would have printed unless specifically requested by the person interested in the printer. We have standard designs we print and I can’t recall anything like that.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 08:49:27 AM »
Yes if you could do that, it would be appreciated. I don’t know of any orange trucks we would have printed unless specifically requested by the person interested in the printer. We have standard designs we print and I can’t recall anything like that.

I don't see it anywhere but I don't have time to blow the building apart over it. It was our art, they asked me for something we'd like to see printed. They printed it and overnight shipped it. I wasn't impressed due to banding, we bought something else.

Art was sent to: edeem@belquette.com

See attached screen shot of my email. Also ill attach a JPG of the art went sent. Hopefully that settles that.

Offline Crazy Mike

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 09:21:38 AM »
It would be interesting to have Jarid do a reprint of this to see what their printer
can really do.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 10:06:24 AM »
It would be interesting to have Jarid do a reprint of this to see what their printer
can really do.

+1 for this. Let's see what this thing can do with Brandt's killer artwork.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 10:50:59 AM »
I don't doubt the machine can print a quality image. I am sure they have dozens of images they can use to show you guys. Just took a quick look on instagram and looks like our image is still being used.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 03:06:38 PM »
lol

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 03:17:37 PM »
I don't doubt the machine can print a quality image. I am sure they have dozens of images they can use to show you guys. Just took a quick look on instagram and looks like our image is still being used.

There is an ironic humor to that...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline spsi

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 03:30:32 PM »
In fairness, my understanding is that Eric Deem left belquette, and also that post is from about a year ago - probably when the sample print was sent out?
spsi.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 04:23:20 PM »
In fairness, my understanding is that Eric Deem left belquette, and also that post is from about a year ago - probably when the sample print was sent out?

Forgive me if something seemed unfair. I have done nothing more than share my thoughts. Which were questioned almost as if id make this stuff up. I went on to prove my communication with him, proof of him using my file and who I talked to. My email above should have a date on it. I have no idea if he is with them or not anymore. I don't know him. He approached me when he saw we were looking at the Brother DTG. This is a pretty cut and dry deal. Maybe he rushed the print, not sure. I just know it had banding in the orange truck and we moved on.

Update: Just found our conversation on our company facebook page. Ill attach.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 04:31:08 PM »

Forgive me if something seemed unfair. I have done nothing more than share my thoughts. Which were questioned almost as if id make this stuff up. I went on to prove my communication with him, proof of him using my file and who I talked to. My email above should have a date on it. I have no idea if he is with them or not anymore. I don't know him. He approached me when he saw we were looking at the Brother DTG. This is a pretty cut and dry deal. Maybe he rushed the print, not sure. I just know it had banding in the orange truck and we moved on.

Update: Just found our conversation on our company facebook page. Ill attach.
Just the opposite here! You are very casual with the fact that they were using your image which is a clear copyright violation. I think the fairness was supposed to address the fact the the violator is no longer employed by the company, presumably because of his tendencies to do what he was not supposed to do. At leas that's the way I read it.
 I think Jerid should send you a gallon of pretreatment fluid as a thank you for not raising a stink over it!

Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!