Author Topic: Comparison Chart for Kornit Breeze vs Belquette Genesis RG-2  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 04:57:32 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Comparison Chart for Kornit Breeze vs Belquette Genesis RG-2
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 03:17:22 PM »
It's not so simple.
What printing heads are they using?
What maintenance is required?
What's the cost of ink?
Are the printing times listed accurate?
I could go on, but the point is that with digital printers  there are a lot of variables that make a big difference.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 04:44:14 PM »
Curious if that 28k price point is just for light garments or does it print darks as well? This machine has me intrigued

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 04:52:30 PM »
A guy I know inquired about purchasing the Genesis and was told there was a 6-month waiting list.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 04:58:46 PM »
We will take a hard look at this machine as well as last I knew it was using ricoh gen 5 heads which I believe is the same as the mlinkX

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 05:23:49 PM »
The breeze does pre-treat in the unit, so you load a shirt and print it, and cure it.

That's the thing I like most about the Kornits with pre-treat on board ( which could also be a bad thing if it went down )

I think the Epson is the one I would get as it has a low cost of entry (isn't it like $15k?), and great print quality, while still printing 16" x 20" although I think it is slow doing images at that size!  But you can have two for the price of one of these, or 4 epson's + a pre-treater for the cost of the Breeze.

I'd like to see Graphic Disorder do a review of the Epson vs M&R vs Brother like he did M&R vs Brother

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 05:33:03 PM »
The breeze does pre-treat in the unit, so you load a shirt and print it, and cure it.

That's the thing I like most about the Kornits with pre-treat on board ( which could also be a bad thing if it went down )

I think the Epson is the one I would get as it has a low cost of entry (isn't it like $15k?), and great print quality, while still printing 16" x 20" although I think it is slow doing images at that size!  But you can have two for the price of one of these, or 4 epson's + a pre-treater for the cost of the Breeze.

I'd like to see Graphic Disorder do a review of the Epson vs M&R vs Brother like he did M&R vs Brother

I have some printed samples from the Epson one which holds up decently in the wash but still doesn't have the wash fastness I'd like. Ink cost is kind of high as well and apparently the print heads along with a few other items in the printer need to be replaced yearly which adds up on operating expense. I just don't think the Epson print head can handle such a viscous ink.

Offline willy35

• www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 05:42:51 PM »
Genesis is a very promising 100% developped by Belquette, I follow it since day 1, so compact, so fast... I don't how they can disappoint us.

Too bad I am in Europe, we may see it in a very long time.

Znegun08 Epson have one of the highest ink cost with borther, so it is not for all business.

www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
San Gen Shugi - real place (Gen-ba), real part (Gen-butsu), reality (Gen-jitsu)