Author Topic: Is anyone using the Ryonet filtration system?  (Read 3650 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Is anyone using the Ryonet filtration system?
« on: June 19, 2017, 08:18:53 PM »
We've been using it for around 8 months with minor issues here or There, and today we went through 5 of the 75 micron filters. 5!!! And it's still not working properly.

Wondering if anyone else has been having issues like This, or know of what we might be doing wrong.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Is anyone using the Ryonet filtration system?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 09:21:18 PM »
That is pretty much the same thing I have heard 2-3 other people all say. Your not alone.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 10:16:03 PM »
That is pretty much the same thing I have heard 2-3 other people all say. Your not alone.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

sucks, we are trying to figure out what to do, as it's severely killing our reclaim process right now.
Night Owls

Offline kevin_eastend

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 10:51:49 PM »
We have been using for a few months now and just recently started to have to change the filters more frequently. Which emulsion are you using? We have noticed some emulsion will require us to change filters almost daily. We have been having best luck with chromablue or the Ryonet hifi blue but still changing filters almost weekly now. You have the 25 micron filter as the last one before it exists to the drain pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ryanmoor

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 11:38:34 PM »
So Blue Moon added a pre-stage water settling tank system that allows them to go through filters 1 time a month. We are looking at building something like this but it looks pretty easy to do yourself too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ-p2M_1MJo

Offline DonR

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 06:43:57 AM »
I have the same problem with the Blackline system.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 08:22:03 AM »
This is disappointing to read as we have been looking to switch from our Blackline unit for this same reason.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 09:25:55 AM »
We have been using for a few months now and just recently started to have to change the filters more frequently. Which emulsion are you using? We have noticed some emulsion will require us to change filters almost daily. We have been having best luck with chromablue or the Ryonet hifi blue but still changing filters almost weekly now. You have the 25 micron filter as the last one before it exists to the drain pipe?

We use Saati PHU2, which is pretty close to the CryoCoat. It's a high solids emulsion. I think a pre water settling tank like Ryan mentioned might help actually.
Night Owls

Offline Croft

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 09:52:37 AM »
I wondered how those filters would do as well, I ended up having a custom tank made that holds about 40gallons of water with 3 settling sections , it seems to do the job with just a stained water going down the drain , we have to clean the sludge out about 3 times a year and usually get about 25 gallons.

Offline kevin_eastend

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 10:10:02 AM »

We use Saati PHU2, which is pretty close to the CryoCoat. It's a high solids emulsion. I think a pre water settling tank like Ryan mentioned might help actually.

We had tried saati emulsion once and had major issues so went back to the blue which hasn't been as bad but we still see frequent changes.

I saw his setup with the extra container but space is tight for us don't think we can rig all that up around the washout booth.

Offline insane987

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 10:25:12 AM »
Had similar problems with ulano orange and other high solid emulsions. Screen guys works 40 hrs a week cleaning screens and would have to change filter once a week. Couple things we changed and no problems since only change filters about once a month. Changed both filters to 75 microns, made the emulsion remover concentrate stronger to help break it down. Installed new ryonet screen recirculation cleaner, had old parts washer left ink and residue on screens assume was part of the clogging of filters. Best thing we did was build settling tanks. Very simple just two tote bins some sink parts and sump pump. Now we have crystal clear water coming out

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 10:56:55 AM »
Not to derail, but the video is the 1st I've heard that Marvin Guillot had passed away. I guess that's what happens when you stay shelled up at work.   He was the guy that trained us on our 1st auto the diamondback.  A real knowledgeable guy.  Sad. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 11:11:32 AM »
We have a DIY setup, loosely inspired by the Blackline system. Between the sink drain & the sump tank (aka tote bin), we use a smaller bin to hold disposable filter media, which catches the biggest chunks & goo, and can be easily be pulled out & replaced. (We use cheap screening fabric from Home Depot/Lowes, cut into pieces to fit into the pre-filter bin.)

Weprocess a very low volume of screens compared to most of you guys, so I'm not sure how well it work for others. But I expect the idea could be adapted. Anything that would keep the bigger, semi-solid pieces from ever reaching your real filters should obviously help. We don't have a settling tank, so perhaps that's all that's needed. But if not, perhaps the combo would.
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2017, 11:35:23 AM »
We used a similar set up, but we built it ourselves. you will never get, "clear clean crystal water" out of any of these. But, Like Ryan mentioned, you add a big tank, mount your sump off the bottom so that you aren't sucking up the setiment, "solids", you will filter better. We have to drain outside, so we ended up going with the CCI clearwater system. You actually end up with crystal clear water. All solids, all colors are taken out of the water before it's pumped outside or to your sewage line. It's really impressive. The only draw back is that you are left with the clay that encapsulates all of the colors and contaminants. The draw back is coming up with a way to let it dry and harden. For us, we have a couple racks outside with a few old newmans, we dump the clay on the screens, it sits in the sun for a few days turns to rock and then it's safe to dump in the dumpster. This system is EPA certified, not cheap, but if anyone is looking for a true "crystal clear" filtering method, it's the way to go. It was originally designed for the promo printers using the really nasty stuff on pens, bottles ect to the California EPA standards which from what I understand are the most strict. It just so happens to work on any nasty crap that is in your water. Anyone who's come here and seen how affective it is, is blown away. I think the Ryo filter system would be a great way to "pre filter" the stuff before our system, which would allow us to use less of the flocking powder, and have less clay to deal with ect. But really, everyone's area's are different in what is actually allowed.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline DonR

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2017, 07:41:56 PM »
Maybe Ryonet can provide higher mesh screens to pre-filter the water before it hits the "real" filters. If the final screen was 305 or even 355 mesh it may help to keep the round filters working longer.